Our client is a leading utility-backed seaborne energy trader specialising in LNG, coal and freight. It operates in one of the largest energy portfolios in the world which gives it an in-depth understanding of the way local, regional and international energy markets behave. These insights enable it to help its customers increase security of supply, optimise their portfolios and improve the risk management of their assets.
Headquartered in Singapore, it has a global talent pool of about 250 people across offices located in four strategic locations: Singapore, Japan (Tokyo), the UK (London) and the US (Baltimore).
Test design and plan
- Provide inputs to detailed test plan
- Provide effort estimates to test and release planning activities
- Design initial regression scope and where required functional test scenarios based on functional requirements or through workshops with BAs
- Use confluence to document test scope and summary of actual against plan to aid Go/No Go meetings.
- For QA led UAT, discuss and agree scope with users up front and document test scenarios.
Test preparation, Environments, and execution
- UAT – for QA led UAT perform environment pre-requisite checks, smoke test, QA checks for test preparation, progress test execution with users including closing user sign off
- SIT – set up test scenarios based on functional design requirements / documentation and test preparation + execution
- Build core expertise to support BAU releases or programmes of work for LNG Trading and Operations in Allegro and Middle Office – Business Intelligence tools.
- Build expertise in portfolio regression testing to aid test phase during release process
- Perform manual functional testing and use custom automation tools for SIT regression testing
- For BAU releases, support defect management function by working closely with development teams and business analysts for defect resolution
- To support environment management function as required with typical asks involving raising appropriate requests, following up with environment provisioning team, smoke test and/or installing / connecting Front Office spreadsheets
- use test tool to drive test execution and aid automated test reporting
- provide a daily EOD qualitative summary of test progress
- Participate in daily defect and test management meetings and update defects from QA perspective
QA knowledge management
- Contribute to knowledge management by maintaining QA learning space for continuous improvement
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in software testing across regression, SIT and UAT is essential
- Test experience in commodity trading
- Experience of working in Agile and Waterfall delivery model
- Basic SQL querying and scripting experience, backend test experience
- Experience working with Power BI
- Experience working with Jira and Zephyr for defect management, test preparation, execution, and reporting
- Candidates should possess strong analytical, problem solving, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge/Experience in automated regression testing and performance testing is distinct advantage
- Knowledge and experience of implementing test best practice
- Preferably ISTQB Foundation Level Certified or equivalent
- Highly self motivated and demonstrable experience to meet deadlines
- Willingness to ‘go the extra mile’ to meet project deadlines
- QA or analyst experience from commodity trading is required
- Good knowledge and practical experience of QA processes
- QA experience and functional knowledge of Front Office and Middle Office - PNL
- Experience in Allegro ETRM and/or in commodity trading is a distinct advantage
- Adaptable and willing to take on work across the project lifecycle, in some cases working at a high level in other cases taking on analysis in detail, in some cases being primarily business facing in other cases being functional lead primarily facing into the IT team.
- A proactive individual able to handle multiple projects/work packages simultaneously often at different stages of analysis, design, or development
- Able to multi-task with minimal supervision and highly structured and organised in the way tasks are approached
- Educated to a degree level in Engineering, Maths, Sciences or Business Studies