Our Client operates in the Packaged Foods Industry, with its headquarters rooted strongly in the United States. It has its branches spread to more than 180 countries. They fall under the Fortune 500 Companies. Their core business is manufacturing and selling a broad range of convenience foods. It also is a well passed down legacy business, making a mark through history.
- To lead the credit control function in ensuring that:
- The credit terms of the company are met by the customers.
- Up to date customer reconciliation’s are maintained.
- DSO, cash collection, overdue and ageing targets are met.
- A Proper matching and allocations of payments exist.
- All claims are recorded timeously and communicated to the relevant parties.
- Customer reconciliations to internal debtors’ accounts are cleaned monthly.
- All claims are cleared timeously.
- Credit reference checks on customers as and when required.
- Set and deliver on business targets within agreed mandates.
- Analysis and reconciliation of all relevant GL accounts.
- Analysis and understanding of trading term provisions and ensuring that these are adequately and properly accounted for in the accounting records.
- Ensure that all marketing allowances are adequately provided for on the balance sheet and timeously recognised on the income statement.
- Proper and timeous reconciliation of all Debtors accounts.
- To effectively manage and influence the following through interaction with the Sales department:
- Clearing of all pricing claims.
- Matching of co-op claims to TSA’s.
- Allocation and approval of co-op claims.
- Ensure that all approved co-op claims are recorded by customer.
- Ensure minimal outstanding items appear on the auto contra account.
Financial Risk Management:
- Assessing the risk of current customer accounts and highlighting these issues to management.
- Managing the adequacy of Bad debt provisions through risk assessment of customers.
- Effectively work in conjunction with the FBP: (entire Sales team) in order to identify and highlight risks to the business in terms of marketing allowances and to identify potential misstatements to the accounting records.
Financial System Management:
- Responsible for the maintenance of the discounts master file ( Set-up of new discounts/Trading Terms)
- Responsible for the auditing and maintenance of the customer master file.
- Ensuring annual changes are done timeously on SAP in accordance with trading terms.
- To monitor and ensure compliance of the Order to Cash Cycle in terms of S404 Sarbannes Oxley and audit requirements.
- Manages labour relations by:
- Ensuring that all employees are full conversant with IR procedures and policy.
- Instilling a culture of resolving employee relations issues through informal dispute resolution procedures.
- Ensuring that formal disciplinary cases are properly prepared and conducted.
- Ensure effective management and application of the performance management process.
- Assess manpower requirements and develop, implement and monitor succession planning principles.
- Plans appropriate employee training and development, in order to ensure the continued and smooth operation of the department.
- Develops and maintains an effective operational organisation to ensure maximum utilisation and development of subordinate staff.
- Co-ordinates and manages all plant staff training.
- A B.Comm degree / 3 year business related qualification / CA/CIMAS qualification
- Minimum of 5-8 years experience, of which 3 years are at management level, preferably in FMCG.