Our Client operates in the Oil and Energy industry, with its headquarters rooted strongly in Saudi Arabia. It has its branches spread to more than 50 countries, providing employment to more than 68,500 people all over the world. They fall under the Fortune 500 Companies. They are one of the world’s largest oil producers. They are constantly growing by creating new technologies through its Research and Development efforts and branch into new business lines through Investments and Acquisitions.
- We are seeking a Building Life Safety Plans Examiner to join the Loss Prevention organization (LP), which is the corporate safety organization
- We provide both day-to-day in-field occupational and process safety support to operations, as well as centralized technical support and consulting function.
- Our field offices are located in Abqaiq, Riyadh, Ras Tanura, Dhahran, Udhailiyah, Jeddah (including Yanbu and Jazan), and Tanajib.
- Through these offices, LP provides its services to all facilities and departments that are located throughout the Kingdom.
- The Building Life Safety Plans Examiner’s (Loss Prevention Engineer) primary role is to work with planning, design and construction organizations to ensure buildings and safety systems are constructed according to the International Code Council (ICC) model code regulations as adopted and modified by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
As the successful candidate, you will have the requisite knowledge, skills, and experience to:
- Support departments and organizations to implement required fire and life safety regulations.
- Conduct field inspections of new buildings under construction and existing building conditions.
- Provide clear reports communicating safety concerns and develop practical and cost-effective corrective actions.
- Participate in various safety studies/activities, such as fire tests, incident investigations, compliance reviews, or insurance surveys including evaluation of risks and potential consequences.
- Develop and/or review corporate safety standards, instructions and procedures related to safe building operations and formalize them into company-documented practices as required.
- Review designs for new building construction, additions, alterations or changes of occupancy for compliance with ICC, company and industry safety standards, such as NFPA, ASME, ASTM, ANSI, and UL.
- Participate in incident investigations as required and prepare safety improvement recommendations.
- As the successful candidate, you will hold a Bachelor of Science degree in any engineering (or architectural) discipline related to building and fire safety, and ten years of relevant plan review and inspection experience.
- This would include areas such as: plan review of building and fire safety, accessibility, mechanical, electrical and fire protection and alarm plans, calculations and specification; required field inspections of rough, final and special construction; and evaluation of materials for compliance to ICC requirements.
- You will have an excellent ability to communicate in English with peers as well as members of management and be able to produce clear and concise oral and written reports in English.
- Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
- At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none.
- And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
- We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades.
- Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.