Our Client operates in the Travel Industry, with its headquarters rooted strongly in Switzerland. It has its branches spread to more than 60 countries, providing employment to more than 40,000 people all over the world. Their core business is leveraging innovation and advanced technology solutions to provide luxurious culinary and retail experience to their customers. They serve more than 700 million passengers from over 200 operating units.
- Accountable for all aspects of the business of the unit
- Drives positive relationships with all customers of the unit
- Demonstrates financial acumen by ensuring budgets are created accurately, communicated out, responsibility aligned and budget delivered
- Actively researches and understands the local business arena, local culture and understands where the unit sits within the local framework, adapting where necessary
- Monitors, reviews, guides direct reports to work together as a high performing team
- Continually develops and improves the skills of the employees by working with HR, Learning & Development and by mentoring and coaching the management team
- Takes full ownership to lead compliance adherence of the unit to all regulatory, customer and internal policies and procedures
- Identifies root causes of any situation which occurs and creates a robust action plan to work through to a robust solution
- Justifies proposals/business cases for expenditure to improve the business unit
- Identifies, and leads where appropriate, continuous and process improvement initiatives that drive the unit forward
- Works with the HR Business Partner for salary review processes, ensuring to balance engagement, reward and cost effectiveness and keep competitive advantage
- Constantly monitors recruitment to ensure that the unit have the right people in the right place at the right time
- Puts into practice operational policies and decisions that come from the Executive Management Team, maintaining alignment with company and divisional policy and procedures
- Completes Hazard Analysis and Risk Based Preventative Controls (HARPC) Preventative Controls for Human Food training and certification course to be a PCQI (Preventive Controls Qualified Individual) according to company policy.
- Completes all company required training including but not limited to ServSafe Sanitation Manager Certification.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field required
- Successful track record as a General Manager in airline catering required.
- Minimum 15 years of management experience in in-flight catering or food manufacturing environment required.
- Demonstrated experience with managing financials with budget responsibility for a single operating unit required, multiple operating units preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles and/or six sigma and continuous improvement methodologies preferred.
- Proven experience successfully managing a team of supervisors and managers for a single operating unit required, multiple operating units preferred.
- Previous customer service and/or account management experience required.
- Strong track record of innovation and making changes to the operation to further improve the work environment and unit performance
- Labor relations experience is required
Technical Skills: (Certification, Licenses and Registration):
- Must have strong and effective leadership skills
- Must be comfortable with all levels of employees and have the ability to drive positive program change.
- Must be a Team builder with the ability to lead and motivate a diverse management and hourly staff
- Excellent problem-solving skills, planning and scheduling capabilities managing multiple account requirements
- Ability to effectively manage multiple operations while maintaining compliance in a heavy regulated environment e.g. FDA, HACCP and security
- Advanced Microsoft office tool skills (excel, word)
- Knowledge of quality auditing, inspection methods
- Detail oriented and excellent project management skills
- Strong organizational skills, able to prioritize responsibilities and multi-task
- Change Agent
- Able to obtain an AOA badge and customs seal.
Language / Communication Skills:
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with multiple departments and customers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.