Our Client operates in the Oil and Energy industry, with its headquarters rooted strongly in Saudi Arabia. It has its branches spread to more than 50 countries, providing employment to more than 68,500 people all over the world. They fall under the Fortune 500 Companies. They are one of the world’s largest oil producers. They are constantly growing by creating new technologies through its Research and Development efforts and branch into new business lines through Investments and Acquisitions.
You will be required to perform the following:
- Handle process activities such as studies and design modifications in the operating facilities
- Develop simulation models for assigned operation facilities
- Develop, review and/or validate plant mass balances
- Check plant performance to ensure it is running up to its design
- Look for opportunities to optimize operations and implement them accordingly.
- Use the software simulation programs such as HYSYS and promax.
- Provide technical direction/support to in-Kingdom and out-of-Kingdom design contractors
- Formulate and implement long-term strategies to improve operations and reduce costs
- Lead groups of engineers in the shutdown and start-up phase of existing plants.
- Participate in standards reviews to assure inclusion of requirements that are of practical benefit to field operation and maintenance in regard to safety and efficiency of the plant.
- Provide guidance on standards development through technical committee participation. Interprets standards and recommends changes to reduce costs associated with overly stringent requirements.
- Lead unit performance and capacity tests and prepare testing procedures
- Conduct risk assessment
- Conduct process equipment performance test, for heat exchangers e.g. reboilers, fin-fan coolers, rotating equipment,
- Lead performance test for static equipment e.g. column, separator etc.
- Lead performance test for fired equipment and converters including catalyst performance.
- Lead driers break-through test and issue test result report including desiccant replacement plan.
- Lead propane refrigeration system performance test
- Evaluate the catalyst recovery performance
- Lead solution (DGA / TEG) filtration system performance test. Evaluate DGA/TEG monthly losses
- Issue report covering bottlenecks, deficiencies, and recommendations and follow-up on the implementation
- Lead process and equipment optimization studies
- Lead feasibility studies
- Lead PHA and HAZOP studies
- Initiate and coordinate ESA's
- Develop implementation plan for critical recommendations
- Ensure implementation plan is executed for the system under study and propagated to other applicable systems.
- Lead Health, Safety and Environmental studies
- Lead Energy Optimization / Conservation studies
- Initiate process safety relief audit studies.
- Lead Water conservation studies
- perform management of change (MOC)
- verify system operations and performance after implementing the recommendations
- As a successful candidate you should have a BS in Chemical Engineering with (15) years of experience in relevant gas processing operation facilities in Oil/Gas Industry, knowledge and experience in software simulation programs such as HYSYS and promax and strong knowledge of engineering practices and economic principles, calculation methods, design details, and aware about the processing codes and standards.