Our Client operates in the Oil and Energy industry, with its headquarters rooted strongly in Saudi Arabia. It has its branches spread to more than 50 countries, providing employment to more than 68,500 people all over the world. They fall under the Fortune 500 Companies. They are one of the world’s largest oil producers. They are constantly growing by creating new technologies through its Research and Development efforts and branch into new business lines through Investments and Acquisitions.
The candidate will be required to perform the following:
- Exploration mapping and option generation for CO2 storage in the subsurface geology of Saudi Arabia.
- Have a background of CO2 properties and how they relate to depth of storage, seal effectiveness and long-term aspects of trapping mechanism, subsurface dynamics and interaction with subsurface materials such as lithologies and drilled wells.
- Interpret well information, making well correlations and working with petro-physicists as required to define stratigraphic frameworks and the properties of reservoirs and seals, and characterize in-situ formation water properties.
- Participate in the acquisition planning and possibly interpretation of geo-mechanical information, such as analysis of conventional core, relating to seal integrity for CO2 storage.
- Familiarity with well injection testing and operations, and interpretation of well test data in terms of reservoir performance in relation to CO2 storage.
- Interpret seismic, including seismic stratigraphic interpretations for storage.
- Understand depth conversion of seismically-mapped geological surfaces, considering velocity information and uncertainties.
- Map making using industry standard tools.
- Storage volume and risk estimates.
- Prepare and present professional-quality presentation materials to technical peers and management.
- Provide mentoring and technical assistance to young professionals
- Take critical decisions and solve problems.
- Works in multidiscipline teams.
- As a successful candidate, you would need to hold a bachelor or higher degree in Geology or Geophysics.
- You will have 15 years of experience in subsurface geoscience including several years of experience specifically related to geological interpretation, mapping and preferably CO2 subsurface storage option mapping, selection and site characterization, including extensive experience in applying Clastic and Carbonate Sequence and Seismic Stratigraphy and Regional Geology using seismic and well data to document all scales relevant subsurface storage option generation, ranking and characterization.
- as well as an extensive experience in petro-technical applications relating to the use of wells and seismic (2D and 3D) for subsurface storage geoscience, e.g., Petrel, Petrosys.
- You will be competent with basic well log interpretation and familiar with advanced logs and well data such as image logs, NMR, pressures and core.
- Apply sequence stratigraphic techniques to identify storage opportunities.
- Structural geology skills including fault interpretation and fault seal.
As a subject matter expert, you will have:
- Experience in planning and involvement with the operational decision-making of several wells.
- English language fluency with the capability to communicate clearly and effectively verbally and in writing, with experience of working with multidisciplinary teams across different parts of an organization.
- Experience of other non-hydrocarbon subsurface management challenges such as geothermal, Hydrogen storage, chemical storage etc would be an advantage.
- A track record of research publications or patents would be an advantage.
- Excellent presentation skills.