Our client is a global leader in airline catering, retail-on-board and hospitality products and services. They provide passengers with superior culinary and retail experiences, leveraging innovation and advanced technology solutions.
They are headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland and deliver operational excellence through the most extensive catering network in the aviation industry, serving more than 700 million passengers annually from over 200 operating units in over 60 countries/territories across all continents with approximately 43,000 employees worldwide.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans and guides Unit management in productivity, material, waste, safety, and quality improvement initiatives; analyzes material and information flows; analyzes opportunities in productivity, material consumption, other operation expenses, and space utilization; quantifies the effects of improved processes, work flows and fore mentioned opportunities
- Supports and drives continuous process improvements utilizing Lean Manufacturing principles to maximize departmental efficiencies, minimize waste and improve safety
- Responsible for our standardization program rollout
- Communicates with unit management and leadership team on implementation of changes
- Secures relevance and availability of Production System road maps and blue prints
- Performs diagnostics on major cost drivers, including material, labor, and OOC
- Makes documented proposals for improvements and syndicates with unit management on implementation of changes; responsible for supporting management and associates in the overall change process
- Actively practices change management and actively participates in the Unit’s performance management system and dialogue; presents progress and plans to company executives; liaises with corporate and area Continuous Improvement resources
- Proposes and keeps up with company Best Practices and benchmark initiatives
- Coaches other Continuous Improvement staff and leads training and presentation sessions
- Trains and builds capability in all levels of the plant regarding Lean Manufacturing
- Works on all related training materials and works with other team members to identify improvements, additions, corrections or clarifications to the training material provided.
- Works with Lean Manufacturing tools and techniques, such as 8 Waste (muda), Just in Time (takt-flow-pull), Value Stream Mapping, Kanban system, Problem Solving, FIFO and 5s and workplace organization including layout changes when necessary.
- Participates on cross-fertilization with other sites/areas
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Economics, Science, Industrial Engineering or a related field required.Work Experience:
- Minimum four (4) years’ experience in Lean Manufacturing or related experience as an Industrial Engineer.
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience working in a high volume, manufacturing, food production, restaurant or catering environment preferred
- Experience with leading projects and people across organizations, and maintaining mandatory standards to ensure the safety of products and processes and to improve product quality required
- Experience with analyzing operations and its cost drivers, analyzing material and information flows, and analyzing productivity, material consumption, and operation expenses required.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing techniques, including “Just in Time” (takt-flow-pull), 5S and workplace organization as well as value stream mapping and Kanban system preferred. Technical Skills: (Certification, Licenses and Registration)
- Must have strong computer skills using Microsoft Office products including Excel
- Must be able to work autonomic and have an analytical mind
- Ability to work in a fast paced and deadline driven environment
- Excellent time management skills required
- Ability to handle multiple tasks without losing focus on priorities
- Strong organizational, analytical and leadership skills required
- Must be innovative in making changes to the operation as needed to further improve the work environment and unit performance
- Ability to effectively work with diverse work groups and all levels of the Operation. Exposure to AutoCad a plus
- 6-Sigma or Lean Manufacturing Certification preferred.
- ServSafe Certification preferred
- Ability to obtain ServSafe Certification required
Language / Communication Skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Spanish preferredJob Dimensions