Our Client operates in the Oil and Energy industry, with its headquarters rooted strongly in Saudi Arabia. It has its branches spread to more than 50 countries, providing employment to more than 68,500 people all over the world. They fall under the Fortune 500 Companies. They are one of the world’s largest oil producers. They are constantly growing by creating new technologies through its Research and Development efforts and branch into new business lines through Investments and Acquisitions.
- Our client occupies a unique position in the global energy industry.
- They are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
- With their significant investment in technology and infrastructure, they strive to maximize the value of the energy they produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance our client value to society.
- Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, they combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of their nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources.
- This responsibility has driven our client to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that they supply.
The candidate will be required to perform the following:
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from company data sources to drive optimization and improvement of product development, and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize production facilities, revenue generation, and other targeted outcomes.
- Develop testing mechanisms and test model quality and validate hypothesis accordingly.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop necessary documentation as per established standards.
- A successful candidate will hold a Bachelor’s degree in in data science, computer science, applied mathematics or a related field from a recognized and approved program.
- A Master’s degree is preferred.
The candidate will have:
- At least 5 years of experience in building time series forecasting models.
- A strong expertise in data collection, cleaning, preprocessing, and wrangling.
- Strong fluency in either R or Python, preferably both, and familiarity with golang is a plus.
- Proficiency in visualization tools and packages; and in communicating data science topics to non-technical audience is a requirement.
- Experience in time series forecasting models and in using technologies like LSTMs, Prophet, and time series analysis is a requirement.
- Proficiency in using sklearn pandas, numpy, plotly, seaborn, and relevant R libraries if R is their preferred language is necessary.
- Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
- At our client, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
- We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades.
- Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.