About our client
Our Client operates in the Aviation and Aerospace Component Manufacturing Industry, with its headquarters rooted strongly in the United States. It has its branches spread to more than 90 countries, providing employment to more than 10,000 people all over the world. They fall in the Top 300 Companies as Canada’s Best Employers for 2021. Their core business is manufacturing Civil and Military Rotary-Wing Craft for their clients.
- Duties include analyzing, designing, coding and code modification (typically in C/C++) of software designs of airborne embedded software implementations.
- Participate in requirements management via DOORS, systems specifications, and interface management.
- Manage software lifecycle data via DIMENSIONs configuration management tool.
- Generate software requirements to integrate avionics sensors and equipment (i.e. engines, ARINC429, hydraulics, electrical systems, landing gear, RS-422, analog signals, discretes, CAN Bus, etc.)
- Assist in the evaluation of software designs to identify design flaws.
- Utilize a Windows and MOSA based software development environment.
- Assist in the verification and validation testing of airborne embedded software using a desktop simulation environment, systems integration labs, surrogate platforms flight testing and aircraft flight testing.
- Bachelor's Degree is required.
- Major in in Computer Science, Electrical or Aerospace Engineering is preferred.
- Applied Sciences (Physics) or Mechanical Engineering may be considered with applicable embedded software experience.
- At least 5 years of relevant software experience, preferably in aerospace industry.
- Ability to develop software in a RTOS environment.
- Interest with ARINC653 software specification for space and time partitioning in safety-critical avionics real-time operating systems (RTOS)
- Skilled in utilizing modern programming languages (e.g. C++, C#, Java, Python).
- Skilled with embedded software development on Multicore processors.
- Motivated person with strong problem-solving abilities, willingness to perform a wide variety of related tasks.
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Interest in modern airborne sensors, avionics, mission systems, weapons systems, or electrical systems integration, development, and testing.
- Familiarity with commercial certification and military qualification of aircraft systems is advantageous.
- Experience with Eclipse based software is advantageous (most chip vendors and software vendors are moving to this IDE. TI-CodeComposer, NXP-CodeWarrior, DDC-I OpenArbor, etc.).
- Linux/Unix experience (simple commands like ls (in windows dir), rm (del a file), md, cd, rd (make directory, change directory and remove directory) man – the builtin help documentation.
- Software repositories – GiT , Tortoise GiT or some other tool that has been wrapped around GiT.
- Experience with DO-178B/C software development lifecycle guidelines – Software Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification (and the DO-178C supplements).
- Interests with the integration of the Army’s Future Airborne Capability Environment (FACE) on vertical lift vehicles.