Our client is a world-class integrated petrochemical plant producing high-density and medium-density polyethylene, 1-hexene and other products, using state-of-the-art technology. They have a production designed capacity of 453,000 tonnes/year of PE and a 1-hexene unit with a designed capacity of 47,000 tonnes/year. The site also has a Sulphur recovery and solidification plant, a water treatment plant, seawater cooling system, dock facilities and administrative buildings. Their vision is to grow sustainably, in alignment with Qatar National Vision and became the leader of world class operators in the petrochemical industry by 2027.
- Analysing project specifications and requirements to identify all necessary cost components.
- Visit the site, review the project scope, drawings & specification to develop the cost estimate for the projects through different estimate classes as per the estimate guideline.
- Liaise with project engineer and other project stakeholders to convert specifications/quantities to cost estimates for projects.
- Assist to build the price schedule for contracting process.
- Review the engineering and construction service proposals and validate the proposals alignment with original project scope.
- Assist with bid analysis and contract negotiations whenever is applicable.
- Collaborating with vendors, suppliers, and subcontractors through commercial department to obtain quotes and pricing information.
- Collaborating with project engineers and projects stakeholders to develop and adjust budgets based on cost estimates. Estimate Control & Cost Analysis Monitoring and updating cost estimates through all project phases and propose corrective actions if necessary.
- Analyse the cost of projects by comparing the original estimate and the actual cost through all project phases and provide a regular detailed variance report by cost elements.
- Control and monitor any of projects’ expenses and plan for unforeseen costs that may arise.
- Collect the cost details for completed projects, analyse the projects actual Vs estimate, compile the analysis for evaluation and create a lesson learned log sheet for all variations.
- Required (Qualification1 / Discipline): Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (any discipline)
- Preferred (Qualification1 / Discipline): Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical/Civil)
- Experience Required (Years2 / Job Level3 / Industry): 5-7 years of experience as Estimation Engineer in the Petrochemical or Oil & Gas Industry. Must have 5-7 years of experience in brown field projects cost estimation.
- Preferred (Years2 / Job Level3 / Industry): 7+ years of experience as Estimation Engineer in the Petrochemicals Industry.
Other Job Specific Requirements and/or Vocational Accreditations
- Hands on experience on costing tools/software
- Certificate of Cost Professional (CCP) is preferred
- 3rd party certification (e.g., PMP, PMI, APM etc.)
- Advanced user of MS excels and other MS tools.