Our Client operates in the Oil and Energy industry, with its headquarters rooted strongly in Saudi Arabia. It has its branches spread to more than 50 countries, providing employment to more than 68,500 people all over the world. They fall under the Fortune 500 Companies. They are one of the world’s largest oil producers. They are constantly growing by creating new technologies through its Research and Development efforts and branch into new business lines through Investments and Acquisitions.
About Facilities Planning Specialist:
- We are seeking a Senior Project Engineer to join our Unconventional Resources Engineering and Project Management Department (UREPMD).
- UREPMD are responsible for building facilities in different asset areas throughout Saudi Arabia.
- They also provide guidance, advice, monitoring, and assistance to the organization with compliance to corporate safety, health and environmental requirements.
- Your primary role will be to develop methods for guidance, control and corrective action to ensure a safe operable and economic design within the framework of the project’s budget, material requirements, specifications and schedule.
- You should be an expert in one or more disciplines that directly affect project performance, including but not limited to planning and scheduling, project execution, estimation, cost engineering, geomatics, value engineering, and other value improvement practices.
- As the successful candidate you will be required to perform the following:
- Provide expert advice and guidance in project planning, project execution, and/or project control.
- Assist in resolving project management problems related to your area of expertise, including project planning deficiencies, project quality defects (in engineering, procurement, or construction), schedule slippages, and potential cost over runs.
- Work closely with project engineers and other project professionals to provide work direction and guidance.
- Formulate and implement strategies to improve project planning, cost, schedule, and/or quality.
- Evaluate existing tools and methodologies in your area of expertise and make recommendations on their implementation.
- Lead internal or external problem-solving teams as directed by management.
- Conduct training courses in your area of expertise.
- Train and mentor developing engineers and other project management professionals.
- Participate in the development of standards, guidelines, instructions, policies and procedures on an as-required basis.
- Participate in the review and evaluation of the capabilities of E&C contractors, suppliers, and project management related service providers.
- You must hold a Bachelor degree in Engineering (Electrical, Instrumentation, Mechanical). A higher degree would be preferred.
- You should have a minimum of 15 years’ experience, including at least 6 years in your main field with an emphasis on initial engineering stages with Project Management
- Professional certification by AACE, PMI, or a professional engineering board is required.
- You must be capable of evaluating and consulting on project problems where precedents are lacking or on problems where a high degree of specialized knowledge is required.
- You should be familiar with planning and scheduling methods such as CPM and PERT, company accounting practices, project accountability budgeting and the expenditures and financials portions of the project.
- Experience in EPC phases(engineering, material procurement, Construction management) emphasis in construction management.
- Experience in one or more of the following engineering functions: (Mechanical, Rotating, Static, Piping, Pipeline, Electrical, C & I, Civil).