Our Client operates in the Oil and Energy industry, with its headquarters rooted strongly in Saudi Arabia. It has its branches spread to more than 50 countries, providing employment to more than 68,500 people all over the world. They fall under the Fortune 500 Companies. They are one of the world’s largest oil producers. They are constantly growing by creating new technologies through its Research and Development efforts and branch into new business lines through Investments and Acquisitions.
- Conducting technical and commercial assessment for the utility systems (power, steam, oxygen, nitrogen, instrument air, distilled water, waste management, storage tanks, etc.) to determine possible outsourcing to 3rd party.
- Reviewing plans/deliverables for new integrated refinery and petrochemical projects to ensure that they comply with Company Standards and Regulations as well as industry codes.
- Working with different Project Organizations to develop plans/design basis for utilities project such as Cogeneration, Desalination, CO₂ Capture System, Waste water treatment, Hydrogen Manufacturing, Air Separation Unit, etc.
- Reviewing the Project Design for the utility systems such as Cogeneration, desalination, CO₂ Capture System, Waste water treatment, Hydrogen Manufacturing, Air Separation Unit, etc.
- Daily Interaction with different Organizations to interpret, analyze, and act on their needs and requirements related to the utility systems, infrastructure and supply chain.
- Develop Utilities design philosophy and Strategy.
- Participate for Preparing Philosophy for OSBL/ISBL Interconnecting Pipelines from marine to facilities and vice versa including feedstock cross-country pipelines (e.g. Ethane, Crude, Utilities, etc.).
- Perform a full lifecycle review of any design related to utilities.
- Acts as technical consultant and subject matter expert when required.
Participate, review, and analyze any document related to Utilities such as:
- Power and Steam Supply.
- Desalinated Water Supply.
- Cooling Water Supply / Return.
- Steam and Condensate Return.
- Oxygen / Nitrogen Supply to NH3 complex and other plants.
- Instrument Air / Plant Air Supply Industrial Wastewater / Sewage.
- Seawater Supply / Return.
- Chemicals/raw materials supply to the facilities.
- Participate and review energy and Hydrogen utilization report, and CO₂ report, inclusive of low purity and high purity sources.
- Participate, review, and analyze any document related to utility, infrastructure, and supply chain.
- Education: Utility engineers need a bachelor’s degree in engineering, such as civil engineering or electrical engineering or Chemical engineering or Mechanical engineering.
- Experience: at least 15 years, preferably in the oil industry and Chemical industry.
- Possesses excellent communication skills (strong English language, preferably other languages too).
- Excellent negotiation skills and strong commercial/business acumen.
- Knowledge in refining and petrochemical processes and their associated utilities and services.
- Familiar with Utility Corridors (Power, Water, Sea Cooling, Pipelines, Roads, etc.)