- Tailor the safety life-cycle (determine the necessary activities) for the development of safety-critical components and systems according to the safety plan.
- Coordinate and coach the development design engineers in Functional Safety requirements such as safety analysis activities (S-FMEAs, FTAs, FMEDAs, safety hazard analysis etc.)
- Negotiate our clients responsibilities and deliverables with customers through a development interface agreement (DIA).
- Develop project specific safety concepts and documentation for systems, hardware and software.
- Create and trace the required specifications.
- Ensure team members have appropriate function- specific training.
- Participate as needed in our clients Quality Management System, including audits.
- Monitor the adherence to functional safety standards; escalate safety non-conformances and support resolution.
- Actively contribute to the creation and improvement of our clients global functional safety culture.
- Bachelor‘s degree in engineering
- 5+ years of experience in the development of systems. Good understanding of development processes for hardware and software (electronics, software, or mechanical).
- Knowledge and functional experience with standards for functional safety (e.g. IEC 61508, ISO 25119, ISO 19014, ISO 13849, ISO 26262, etc.).
- Experience with quality assurance, writing and managing requirements (including traceability and requirements management tools).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with superiors, peers, suppliers and customers.
- Strong presentation skills - Ability to clearly present design concepts to customers, managers and peers verbally and using formal presentations
- Able to meet tight deadlines and work to targets.
- Strong personal and professional ethical values and integrity.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Fluent in English
Additional desirable skills and experience:
- Experience with JAMA and JIRA
- Electrical, electronics, software, mechanical, or controls engineering experience
- Knowledge of the heavy vehicle, off-road, and motorcycle industries
- Proficient knowledge of electrical circuits, microelectronic assembly, statistical methods, process control fundamentals and product test processes