- For our location in Gorinchem we are looking for a General Ledger (GL) Accountant. As our GL Accountant you are a part of the Finance team aiming for accurate and timely processing and reporting of the financial results for our client entities.
- The GL-team consists of 2 Senior GL Accountants, 1 Back-office Treasury employee and the Manager GL & Reporting. The total Finance team in Gorinchem consists of 10 people including Accounts Payable, General Ledger Accounting and Credit Control and reports to the Senior Manager Financial Accounting.
- The team operates in an international and complex organization with opportunities to work closely with other business functions. In the position of GL Accountant we offer the opportunity to grow in an international organization with a lot of opportunities and to back-up support for the Senior GL Accountants.
As a GL Accountant at our client you will be responsible for timely, adequate and complete reporting for Purac Biochem, such as:
- Month-end close
- Manual Journal Entries
- Accrual accounts
- Responsible for tax declarations and horizontal supervision;
- Assisting and performing internal controls;
- Assisting in external audits;
- Involved in complex accounting topics such as transfer pricing, settlements, lease accounting (IFRS16);
- Close cooperation with operations control and joined projects;
- Detailed analysis, control and monitoring of bookkeeping;
- Execute monthly settlements of intercompany invoices via Netting system;
- Besides Purac Biochem the administration of 5 holding companies (including our client N.V.);
- Back-up role for treasury back-office, consisting of:
- Recording deals (fx)
- Weekly forecasts
- Recording of front-office activities
- Executing payments
- Signals possible issues or deviations and communicates about this issues or deviations;
- Based in Gorinchem, possibility to work part-time from home.
- At least 2 years experience within a finance-related role or within a finance discipline.
- MBO 4 or Bachelor-degree in Business, Finance, Economics or Accounting and Control.
- Solid background in accounting (IFRS).
- Experience with SAP is a plus.
- Experience in back-office processes and corporate treasury is a plus.
- Good Excel knowledge and skills.
- Result-oriented, analytical and pro-active;
- Team player;
- Excellent communication skills in English, Dutch is a plus.
Furthermore you are able to work independently and maintain effectiveness in a complex, changing environment.
Prioritizing and organizing your work effectively to ensure timely and accurate completion of tasks, is your nature and you have a wider scope across other business functions.