Our client is a global leader in airline catering, retail-on-board and hospitality products and services. They provide passengers with superior culinary and retail experiences, leveraging innovation and advanced technology solutions.
They are headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland and deliver operational excellence through the most extensive catering network in the aviation industry, serving more than 700 million passengers annually from over 200 operating units in over 60 countries/territories across all continents with approximately 43,000 employees worldwide.
- Reporting to the General Manager, this position is a 12-month program committed to setting up future Operational Leaders (General Manager, Director, etc.) for success.
- The Senior Operational Leadership Trainee will complete a comprehensive training program in all areas of the airline catering operation. Upon successful completion of the 12- month training program, the Senior Operational Leadership Trainee will be prepared to be promoted into an open Leadership role.
- Ability to relocate is a requirement of this role.
- Meaningfully takes part in the Senior Operational Leadership Trainee program, including travel to other units for intensive training in operations areas including Kitchen, Pick and Pack, Equipment, Storeroom, Transportation, Wash and Pack, and Human Resources.
- Engage in continuing development in management and Reston-based Regional learning activities.
- Successfully pass knowledge and competency assessments.
- Supports Unit operational initiatives as needed.
- May be directed to assist in meeting business objectives and goals related to food costs, labor costs, sanitation, quality assurance, market track goals, airline goals and objectives as well as other specific goals set.
- Ensures company and regional Standard Operations Procedures (SOPs) and programs are efficiently executed.
- Liaises with support functions such as Human Resources, Legal, Customer Service, etc. to evaluate and reduce potential risks at the unit level.
- Provides operating unit technical support in the areas of quality, food safety, occupational safety and health, chemical safety, waste management, waste water and storm water pollution prevention, air quality and environmental annual reporting.
- Maintains a fully engaged and high performing team that aligns with company values and goals.
- Supports customer audits and government audits to ensure compliance.
- Manages the operation staff on a day-to-day basis, driving to exceed set targets.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field required
- 5+ years of progressive management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Labor relations experience required
- Strong track record of innovation and making changes to the operation to further improve the work environment and unit performance
- Proven experience successfully managing a team of supervisors and managers
- Must be willing to relocate regionally
Technical Skills: (Certification, Licenses and Registration)
- Able to obtain an AOA badge and customs seal
- Completes all company required training including, but not limited to, ServSafe Sanitation Manager
- Must have strong and effective leadership skills
- Strong Customer Service Focus
- Strong Team development and Management skills