Our client is a leading European energy company, which for more than 100 years has electrified industries, supplied energy to people’s homes and modernised the way of living through innovation and cooperation. They now want to make fossil-free living possible within one generation. That's why they are driving the transition to a sustainable energy system through initiatives in renewable production and climate smart energy solutions for their customers. They employ approximately 20,000 people and have operations mainly in Sweden, Germany, the Netherlands, Denmark and the UK.
Do you want to shape the future?
- We are offering an exciting opportunity as Head of Partnering and Revenue Solutions to be an important part in paving the way for our company and its customers and partners towards a fossil-free future!
- As Head of Partnering and Revenue Solutions, you will be responsible for ensuring partnering and revenue solutions for BU Offshore Wind's entire portfolio of projects and operating assets.
- You will oversee and manage three teams and a select few direct senior reports (Project Directors) that will structure and implement optimized partnering and revenue strategies for all of our offshore wind projects and assets.
- You will ensure equity partnering solutions that deliver optimum value for our company and BU Offshore, including providing the full suite of service agreements to our partnerships. You will ensure that the LER is optimized across the portfolio through revenue strategies and execution of revenue solutions and power purchase agreements.
- Your department will support group-wide "decarbonization of industry" efforts from BU Offshore Wind and BA Wind.
- You will act as BU Offshore Wind's main interface to BA Markets, M&A, and BA Wind Industry Partnership teams.
- The Partnering and Revenue Solutions department is BU Offshore Wind's competence center for anything partnering or revenue related.
- In your role, you also will have Senior Project Directors that will lead BU Offshore's most complex tenders encompassing partners, PPAs, and industry collaborations reporting to you.
- You are expected to make a large and continuous contribution to the development of BU Offshore Wind's project pipeline, adding new capacity through acquisitions and successful tender partnerships (leading to winning bids).
- Join our journey towards Fossil-Free Living within one generation.
- Business Area Wind is responsible for our company's Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like PV/Solar. Our offshore business is amongst the top three players globally, and we are currently constructing the world's first subsidy-free offshore site.
- Our offshore portfolio consists at present of 2.0 GW installed capacity and 2.5 GW, which are under construction or in pre-construction.
- It is our clear ambition to continue and even accelerate our strong growth in the future and help our company succeed in its mission to make fossil-free living possible within one generation.
As Head of Partnering and Revenue Solutions, you will report directly to the Head of Offshore Development and be part of the Offshore Development management team.
More specifically you will:
- Lead and support the Heads of N-4 departments Transaction Management, Transaction SLA, and Revenue Management and Senior Partner Project Directors in their respective roles
- Ensure that BU Offshore has optimized partnership/financing and offtake strategies for its portfolio of projects and assets
- Strengthen BU Offshore Wind's pipeline with origination and execution of M&A opportunities adding capacity to the portfolio
- Implement successful tender partnerships (leading to winning bids)
- Build and develop relations with prospective and existing equity and offtake partners
- Together with BA Markets structure and negotiate commercially attractive offtake agreements
- Execute tender partnerships, acquisitions, and farm downs, including structuring and execution of a full suite of partnership contracts, including service level agreements
- Leverage transaction/revenue optimization to support FID's and realization of projects (through uplift of Business Cases)
- Actively manage stakeholders on senior level, including the interface with BA Markets and Industry Partnership teams
- Act as BU Offshore Wind's competence center on everything relating to equity Partnering, Financing, and Revenue/Offtake
- For succeeding in this role, you are a commercially driven leader with previous and successful experience in leading transaction or revenue teams and projects.
- You are action-oriented and consistently setting goals for yourself and your team and take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of high energy and enthusiasm.
- You have a strategic and commercial mindset that allows you to make sense of complex and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems, see future possibilities, and translate them into breakthrough strategies.
- You are able to manage and operate effectively even when things are not certain, or the way forward is not clear.
- You provide senior oversight and steer to your team and are able to balance conflicting interests in an effective way.
- You have in-depth personal experience from leading complex transactions and/or PPA's are able to guide teams and act as an escalation point.
- As our new Head of Partnering and Revenue Solutions in BU Offshore, you have a passion for sustainability and management as well as experience from and desire to act in a partner setting.
- You have excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and are a natural leader and team player, who actively engages people by asking, sharing, helping, or asking for help.
Furthermore, You Have
- An academic degree in economics, business administration, or similar alongside a proven background in renewables and in commercial activities
- A commercial mindset
- Previous and proven line management experience in the area with a record of accomplishment
- A proven track record from project managing transactions and/or offtake contracts
- Minimum 10 years of relevant professional work experience within large international organizations, preferably the offshore wind industry
- A caring and inclusive leadership style and the ability to drive a collaborative atmosphere in your team
- Excellent communication skills in English both verbally and written – ability to communicate on CEO level
- The work location can be Amsterdam in the Netherlands, Hamburg or Berlin in Germany, London in the UK, Stockholm in Sweden, or Kolding in Denmark.
- Traveling in Northern Europe to various company locations should be expected on a regular basis.
- Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams, and you can always count on support from committed colleagues.
- We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.