Our client operates in the Financial sector, with its headquarters rooted strongly in the United States. It has its branches spread to more than 160 countries, providing employment to more than 200k people all over the world. They fall in the Top 15 largest Banks in the United States. Its core business is to provide various Banking and Financial services to its clients. It is known to have one of the biggest balance sheet banks in the world (among others) aiding it to offer 360-degree financial services to its clients.
- Country Treasurer successful candidate will be responsible for managing a team whose function it is to develop, implement and maintain robust balance sheet controls to ensure solvency and efficient usage of balance sheet resources.
The Country Treasurer is responsible for:
- Prudent management of the Balance Sheet of each Legal Entity and disciplined practices in managing treasury risk exposures
- Managing the capital, funding and liquidity of all the legal vehicles within their jurisdiction across all lines of business
- Provide advisory service on treasury strategy and support Country-specific ALCO discussion
- Devise treasury strategies with Markets Treasury, Market Risk and business segments.
- Providing product, customer and geographic businesses with risk identification, risk management, product development and funding strategy through appropriate transfer pricing of both interest and liquidity risks, as approved by the Country ALCO and the Regional Treasurer
- Monitoring of resultant liquidity, interest rate and currency risks, adhering to buffers, limits, triggers and reporting integrity, of local and global minimum requirements.
- Evaluation of activities with all businesses to ensure regulatory and local rating agency requirements are met with respect to balance sheet, liquidity, interest rate, FX, and capital measurements
- Communication to Country ALCOs and Regional Treasurer of accurate and timely information about material balance sheet exposure, changes, and issues.
- Expertise in local regulation regarding liquidity and capital is required
- Understanding of legal entity structure, systems, and businesses.
- Experience operating at a senior level with a deep and robust history of meaningful engagements with senior leaders, regulators, and rating agencies.
- Knowledge of capital markets is desirable.
- Experience in benchmark submissions or an execution role in interest rates is desirable.
- English language at proficient level both written and oral