Our Client operates in the Oil and Energy industry, with its headquarters rooted strongly in Saudi Arabia. It has its branches spread to more than 50 countries, providing employment to more than 68,500 people all over the world. They fall under the Fortune 500 Companies. They are one of the world’s largest oil producers. They are constantly growing by creating new technologies through its Research and Development efforts and branch into new business lines through Investments and Acquisitions.
- We are seeking an industrial incident investigator to join the Loss Prevention organization (LP), which provides both day-to-day field coverage to company operations, as well as centralized technical support and consulting function.
- Field offices are located in Abqaiq, Riyadh, Ras Tanura, Dhahran, Udhailiyah, Jeddah (including Yanbu and Jazan), and Tanajib.
- Through these offices, LP provides its services to all facilities which are located all over the Kingdom.
- The primary function of an industrial incident investigator is to help investigate industrial incidents (fires, major leaks, hydrocarbon explosions, etc.), identify proper root causes, and correctly identify actions necessary to prevent recurrence.
- This includes preparing draft and final incident reports, and providing long term support to address all recommendations.
You will be required to perform the following:
- Mobilize to incident sites as soon as it is safe to do so.
- Investigate industrial incidents, especially those classified as major or moderate.
- Provide ongoing support to the investigation team by ensuring proper understanding of investigation techniques.
- Conduct through investigations utilizing the proper investigative tools that fit the incident in question.
- Develop or thoroughly review all necessary draft reports and complete all stages of review.
- Prepare or thoroughly review final incident reports.
- Identify recommendations that should be shared globally for corporate wide implementation.
- Develop lessons learned and safety bulletins to help address recommendations properly.
- Carry out educational engagements to ensure lessons learned are properly and timely communicated.
- Act the subject matter expert in developing and reviewing corporate safety guidance on incident investigations.
- As the successful candidate, you must hold a Bachelor degree in one of the following: Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, or a related engineering discipline.
- You must have years of experience investigating major and moderate, not only minor, industrial incidents and deep understanding of the various tools and techniques currently utilized to conduct such investigations.
- You must have an excellent ability to communicate in English with peers as well as members of management, and be able to produce clear and concise oral and written reports in English.
- You should have a good understanding of modern safety management systems, processes, and techniques; as well as international fire and safety codes, recommended practices, and specifications.
The following are some of the highly desired competencies for a successful candidate:
- Understanding of the hazards related to industrial facilities and their relevant controls.
- Understanding of incident causation and impact of human factors.
- Knowledge in forensic science and ability to examine and scrutinize evidence on incident sites.
- Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
- Our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none.
- And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
- We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades.
- Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.