Our Client operates in the Manufacturing Industry, with its headquarters rooted strongly in India. It provides employment to more than 5,000 people in the country. Their core business is to provide innovative solutions for the infrastructure industry. Their main focus is to help create positive and sustainable change in the world.
- The primary objective of the role is to ensure that North America has a tactical and strategic plan that is clearly developed / shared across the the NA team; the plan will have detailed implementation steps to deliver the desired financial and organisational growth outputs.
- The role will work with the all the Business Functions (Commercial, Operational/Technical, Supply Chain, Finance, IT and People teams) to align the integration & growth strategy (where to play, how to win) to ensure that a coherent plan is understood and delivered.
- The role will also be directly responsibile for Pricing Strategy, Product Management and Project Coordination.
DIMENSIONS / FINANCIALS OF JOB
- Building on exisiting revenues in North America in 2022 and aiming for 5x growth in the medium term with +20% EBITDA. Leading teams across differing functions and coordinating project activty across the senior leadership team.
SCOPE OF THE JOB
- The job holder is responsible for coordiantion of the intergration / growth plans for the North American market for; this will include intergration of NA acquisitions as well as the intergration of the NA business into the wider structure over time.
- The role is also responsible for pricing strategy, product management and coordinating projects across the NA business.
COMPLEXITY OF THE JOB
- Act as a key business advisor to the NA Senior Management team in the development and execution of the business integration strategy aligned with business frameworks.
- Lead the execution of cross-functional strategic initiatives and co-ordinate the delivery of these initiatives by other business functions.
- Manage the strategic planning process across the business.
- Lead the pricing and product management teams in NA.
- The role requires internal and external relationships to be rapidly built while maintaining an entrepreneurial mindset set within a large multi-national context.
Business Integration and Growth
- Develop the NA integration and growth strategy in line with the Global business practices to attain the desired business performance outcomes.
- Own the ongoing definition and refinement of the integration strategy (design principles, phases, and executable timelines).
- Establish a well-controlled integration and delivery workstream with a clear delivery roadmap with accurate activity / cost estimates, cost impacts and high-quality standards.
- Drive the delivery of the integration and growth strategy by being the subject matter expert (SME) on integration issues so that the role helps manage the potential gaps between functional team’s priorities teams (by forecasting upcoming issues and then coordinating / communicating resolutions within the leadership team).
- Lead regular review meetings to evaluate and update integration / growth plan milestones with key internal stakeholders and Senior Managers.
- Working with functional areas and IT, ensure that system integrations and changeovers are planned in a change controlled and risk minimising manner to protect business continuity and security.
- Working with operations ensure that new site locations and delivery partners are planned / procured, developed and commissioned effectively to support growth targets.
- Conduct regular formal reviews with business sponsors to ensure that the integration plan is on track and delivering against stakeholder expectations.
- Engage, Coach, Manage and Lead their direct reports
- Ensure the pricing and product management teams’ activities are aligned to business objectives and strategies
- Ensure the teams objectives are effectively communicated, measured and reviewed to drive performance at all levels
- Ensure performance of people at all levels, is high on the agenda and managed effectively, through Training and Development and Coaching Pricing
- Lead the pricing team to ensure that an appropriate pricing strategy is developed and consistently applied in accordance with Company growth objectives.
- Utilizing digital tools and digital-savvy processes to set-up modern pricing practices in North America.
- Lead and deliver strategic pricing analysis and reviews as directed by VP
- Create and lead the Product Management team to support the NA growth and market penetration targets including product-market segment strategies, innovation projects, market intelligence, and sales support.
- Ensure the Product Management team is connected and working collaboratively with the global product teams and global business unit directors.
- Work with Marketing Director to support the delivery of the NA brand management and awareness strategy.
- Work with Technical & Standards team on new standards, influencing regional standards and pursuing relevant certifications.
- Work with Commercial team to support key projects and accounts, develop needed solutions for market, gather and share competitive intelligence and coordinate training.
- Develop effective working relationships with leadership team peers and senior level internal and external contacts
- Ensure budget and cost control is applied at the correct levels
- Balance long term plans, with short term actions to meet turnover and profit objectives.
- Bachelor Degree, preferably in business or technical discipline
- >5 years relevant professional experience
- Demonstrated strategic planning capabilities and experience
- Experience in infrastructure, building or construction markets
- Master Degree, preferably in Business or Technical
- 10 years of relevant professional experience
- Project management experience or qualification
- Problem-solving skills, analytical thinking and strategic thinking
- Strong execution and deadline focus
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Business acumen, good judgment and decision making with strong desire to win
- Proven track record of being able to influence peers and business partners alike
- Capable of inspiring change internally and externally
- Ability to work with a large degree of autonomy, capable of mobilising actions and people across different functions and geographies
- Experience working in a cross-cultural global business environment.
- Experience with the implementation of new business development and market development initiatives that lead to profitable growth
- Pennsylvania, United States
- New Jersey, United States