About our client
Our Client operates in the Information Services Industry, with its headquarters rooted strongly in the Netherlands. It has its branches spread to more than 40 countries. They fall in the Top 10 Dutch Companies. Their core business is to provide expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with specialized technology and services to its clients. The company serves various markets like legal, risk, compliance, accounting, finance, etc.
- As the International VAT Tax Manager for a global SaaS provider, you will predominantly have responsibility for Indirect Tax matters for the international markets outside of the USA.
- This role is the point person for our client's operations on International Tax issues such as VAT impact assessments, product taxability and Transfer Pricing.
- There will be an opportunity to be involved in direct tax and Transfer Pricing matters too.
- Monitor international Tax developments (e.g., changes in legislation, regulations and in business operations) and communicate the necessary recommendations associated with such developments.
- Work closely with business operations, finance, legal, marketing and accounting departments to ensure solid understanding of existing products and/or new products or regional marketing efforts, including a solid understanding of revenue streams by product by business unit.
- Work closely with the Regional Controllers to evaluate the likely impact of tax developments on the entire organisation.
- Work closely with the Business Units IT fulfilment systems group to enable system changes to reflect tax developments (invoices and mapping to the GL), including maintaining taxability matrices to document tax decisions.
- Work closely with the ERP systems team to enable new GL codes to be created to ensure appropriate accounting of any tax liabilities.
- Prepare and complete any necessary international indirect tax registrations.
- Prepare and remit routine indirect tax compliance for Health entities.
- Prepare indirect tax account reconciliations for Health entities.
- Manage international indirect tax audits pertaining to Health entities.
- Support, as necessary, Customer Service teams in the explanation of international taxes and fees decisions.
- Timely resolve tax issues and questions for business units.
- Maintain and build new relationships with external tax advisors.
- Take responsibility for the review and filing of corporation tax returns across the European entities.
- Take responsibility for the preparation and execution of intercompany transfer pricing agreements for the Health division.
- While the primary focus is the Health division, any output or analysis may be communicated across other GBS teams.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the regional controllers.
- Co-ordinate tax matters with peers in Europe and the US.
- 5+ years of Tax accounting and research experience in a corporate tax environment.
- Demonstrated successful knowledge and of working within a Multi-National Corporation structure with hands-on experience of accounting or managing foreign operations and jurisdictions.
- Demonstrated success in working in a multi-currency environment and driving awareness of tax regulatory changes.
- Demonstrated successful working knowledge of VAT/GST.
- Have accounting and tax knowledge with strong evidence of Tax research and outcome recommendations.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills; oral and written.
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross functional groups: CFO, business partners, Corporate Tax, accounting teams.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Degree level education.
- Qualified Tax Accountant.