Our client is a global leader in airline catering, retail-on-board and hospitality products and services. They provide passengers with superior culinary and retail experiences, leveraging innovation and advanced technology solutions.
They are headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland and deliver operational excellence through the most extensive catering network in the aviation industry, serving more than 700 million passengers annually from over 200 operating units in over 60 countries/territories across all continents with approximately 43,000 employees worldwide.
- Responsible for the deployment of our client OPEX standards/Standard Operating Model in resident unit and support the deployment in regional unit network.
- Works closely with unit leadership and shop floor staff in implementation and sustaining of process changes.
- Liaise with stakeholders to address roadblocks and risks, securing continuity in rollout of the program at the resident location.
- Works with functional leaders in the operating unit, such as procurement and HR, to acquire or improve systems, methodologies, and assets (equipment, facilities).
- Works closely with local finance responsible to track and report financial and operational impact.
- Continuously calibrates undertaken changes with global peers
- Acts as contact point and facilitator/trainer for the respective region’s operating units to “come and learn” to enable replication of the our client OPEX standards/Standard Operating Model and best practices.
- Carry out trainings in different units.
- Actively supports the creation and recording of training related to our client OPEX and making it available in the our client OPEX portal or the company’s Learning Management System (LMS).
- Responsible for the development of process standards as part of the our client OPEX standardization program / Standard Operating Model.
- Test new or overhauled standards together with the local team in the operation.
- Initiates continuous improvement initiatives to (further) develop core process standards.
- Works with the global CI and Operations experts as well as our client OPEX resources to identify and refine best practices in operations.
- Supports and codifies developed standards
- Liaises with Operations Compliance experts to ensure and improve standards in the field of Environmental, health, Safety and QA/Food Safety.
- Ensures that best practices and standards are well balanced, encapsulating elements like Compliance (Safety, Quality etc.), Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) HR, Finance, legal etc.
- Liaises with global peers to ensure global applicability of best practices and standards.
- Support the development of automatization and technology/systems solutions.
- Takes an active role in codifying and administration of our client OPEX global knowledge management platform (intranet currently SharePoint and Learning Management System)
- Joins and at times facilitates global workshops for development of best practices, occurring in resident unit as well as global locations
- Is a key member of the global our client OPEX organization.
- At times, supports our client OPEX assessments within the region.
- Support global our client OPEX Leaders in development and structuring of multiyear plan
- Support operational urgencies and special projects regionally/globally
- Bachelor’s degree in business, business economics, engineering or related field;
- Sigma and/or lean manufacturing Black Belt certification required;
- Quality Management (system) or ISO lead auditing background a plus
- At least 5 years experience in lean manufacturing/Continuous Improvement, with both hands on and analytics experience, and a collaborative approach.
- Experience in the Food Industry, Logistics/Transportation or other Labor-intensive industry.
Technical Skills: (Certification, Licenses and Registration)
- Microsoft office package experience.
- Power BI experience is a plus.
- CAD system experience is a plus.
Language / Communication Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Required fluency in English and in the language of the location where Competence Center is. Other languages are a plus.