Our Client operates in the Oil and Energy industry, with its headquarters rooted strongly in Saudi Arabia. It has its branches spread to more than 50 countries, providing employment to more than 68,500 people all over the world. They fall under the Fortune 500 Companies. They are one of the world’s largest oil producers. They are constantly growing by creating new technologies through its Research and Development efforts and branch into new business lines through Investments and Acquisitions.
Responsible for originating, negotiating, finalizing, and managing LNG sales contracts. Lead team in:
Company General Use
- Identifying potential buyers through personal client network, our client client network, or through Market Intelligence reports
- Engaging with potential clients to assess potential appetite for LNG purchases
- Shortlisting top-priority leads that are likely to convert to purchases
- Assessing potential buyer’s counterparty risk, e.g. due diligence on operations, financials, management, history, capital structure, credit worthiness, governance, country risk, etc.
- Negotiating terms of sales contracts, i.e. volumes, pricing, timeframe, flexibility clauses, etc.
- Liaising with support departments to ensure sales contract is in compliance with local and global regulatory regimes, e.g. taxation, transport regulations, etc.
- Liaising with Head of LNG Trading on near-final sales contract to ensure alignment on contract terms and implications on our client portfolio
- Signing sales contracts and following up on administrative execution
- Monitoring each sales contract’s profitability and analyzing deltas in profitability
- Monitoring overall portfolio risk, e.g. open positions per index, credit exposure, etc.
Liaison with the team responsible for generating long and short-term supply contracts (>1 year) as required by International Gas strategy and needs. The team is responsible for:
- Defining required supply contracts to remain within acceptable range of exposure per index
- Defining supply requirements to reach our client ambitions and maintain healthy supply-sales balance per index, i.e. needs for additional short-term/long-term supply
- Aligning with Business Development on future long-term supply coming online and implications on overall portfolio
- Identifying potential supply sources and reaching out to relevant counterparties
- Assessing supply deals, i.e. volumes, durations, pricing, flexibility, counterparty risk, chartering and logistics, etc.
- Negotiating terms of supply contracts (i.e. volumes, duration, pricing)
- Liaising with support departments to ensure supply contract is in compliance with local and global regulatory regimes
- Liaising with suppliers to schedule deliveries
- Conducting renegotiation of contracts with current suppliers
Monitor portfolio supply-demand balance and take mitigation measures to remain within acceptable ranges. Responsible for:
- Managing all sales contracts, i.e. short/long term supply contracts (from our client assets & from 3rd parties) and sales contracts
- Liaising with Strategy and Business Development to develop full understanding of long-term supply of LNG coming from our client assets
- Developing full picture of current and future LNG sales and delivery obligations
- If large imbalance between supply and sales, taking mitigating measures to course-correct, e.g. if short on supply then increased effort on securing short-medium term supply and vice versa
Ensure engaged participation of Origination in M&A task force led by Business Development:
- Oversee Origination’s participation in assessment of the economic viability of investment opportunities in assets (driven by Business Development)
As the successful candidate:
- Candidate is required to hold a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Technical Specialization or Engineering.
- An MBA or other advanced Post-Graduate degree in MPA, Business Administration or business-related degree is preferred.
- Candidate is required to have a history of career progression with fifteen years’ experience with a minimum of ten years of proven and demonstrable relevant experience in SPA LNG sales experience with track record of closing sales agreement, preferably in a major petrochemical or energy industry corporation.
- Candidate should be able to quickly establish credibility in the position and to effectively interact with all levels of management, including senior leadership.
- Candidate should have demonstrable leadership and management experience.
Company General Use
- Superior written and verbal communication and presentation skills is also necessary. In addition to strong command of English.
- Strong ability to establish and maintain networks, both within and across company organizations is necessary.
- Capability to work effectively within a matrix organization and with multi-disciplinary teams is also preferred.