Our client is an industry-leading snacks company known for bringing goodness to the world through its iconic brands, remarkable people and enduring commitment to help children succeed. They have employed approximately 17,000 employees around the world who work every day to deliver delicious, quality products. The company has more than 90 brands around the world that drive more than $8 billion in annual revenues. For more than 125 years, they have been committed to operating fairly, ethically and sustainably.
Contract Negotiation and Supplier Development:
- Lead contract negotiation including prices, terms, and conditions with approved vendors to obtain high quality, lowest possible cost that meet requirements and specifications.
- Constantly evaluate potential local based alternate suppliers to maintain competitive pricing and contingency planning.
- Interact with key stakeholders to verify accuracy of requirements and reach alignment
Indirect Sourcing and Policy & Process:
- Indirect Sourcing - Lead the indirect sourcing process in India within major spend categories.
- Collaborate with SME’s (Subject Matter Experts) and Procurement Team to establish setting for competitive bidding and lead the negotiation process, to include the setting of terms and conditions over the span of the agreements.
- Establish supplier management and assessment metrics and processes and drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Foster teamwork and collaboration to drive change and identify additional opportunity categories to competitively bid.
- Manage compliance and process following Global Procurement Policy and other policies that are required by the company.
- Ensure best practice and processes are adapted and core capabilities are achieved
- 25% Drive productivity and margin for growth for India.
- Track and deliver cost saving targets.
- Routinely pursue knowledge of relevant industries market trends and technology improvements.
- Use current information in evaluation of suppliers’ capabilities to maximize utilization and to determine potential uses of other alternatives to improve cost and performance.
- Total sourcing involvement to support specific functional areas as follows:
- Operations - Manufacturing/Capital Equipment, Construction/Logistics, Co-man/Co-packer, General Service Marketing/Sales - Graphic Agencies/Fulfillment Services/Promotions/Sales Representatives Outsource Services IS- IS Capital/Consulting Agreement
- 25% Supplier Management: Develop and maintain on-going relationship with key suppliers and establish effective programs and processes of ensuring "best in class" supplier performance with lowest cycle time.
- Manage supplier relationships through clear, direct, and timely communications and feedback.
- Facilitate meetings between suppliers and plants when appropriate, including but not limited to, partnership meetings of first tier suppliers
- B.E/MBA/Materials Management
- 10 – 12 Years
- Knowledge of sourcing indirect materials/services, especially in Marketing & Trade related spends.
- Knowledge in conducting RFQ/RFP bidding exercises.
- Demonstrate ability to interact with all levels of management with exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to collaborate with internal departments seek common ground and establish alignment to common goals.
- Desirable Knowledge Financial & Business Acumen
- Interact in Oral & Written Communication
- Planning & Organizing
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, ability to prioritize in an ever-changing environment.