About our client
Our Client operates in the Automotive Industry, with its headquarters rooted strongly in India. It has its branches spread to more than 100 countries, providing employment to more than 2,50,000 people all over the world. They fall in the Fortune India 500 List. Their core business is manufacturing motor vehicles. They operate in 15+ key industries, making significant contributions to the world economy.
- Understand and analyze the annual vehicle projection plan and convert it into semiconductor requirements.
- Monitor semiconductor market conditions, lead times, and future technology roadmaps, and communicate them to engineering teams to mitigate supply and cost risks.
- Understand the impact of geopolitics on the semiconductor value chain and define implications to prevent supply issues.
- Establish strong collaboration and establish legal bindings with manufacturers and distributors for better allocations of semiconductors.
- Plan and monitor specific commodities through the early stage of the NPI process
- Develop short-term & long-term semiconductor de-risking strategies and establish an implementation plan.
- Drive and ensure implementation of short-term & long-term actions by continuous monitoring & CFT approach.
- MIS management and release monthly MIS wrt semiconductor budget and track the cumulative progress.
- Drive actions for ensuring suitable supplier selection & ensure price / commercial settlement with suppliers for allocated commodities
- Knowledge of electronic components such as FETs, diodes, memory, protection devices, power devices, and crystals/oscillators are required to be successful in this role.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical & Electronics is a must. Master's degree or equivalent design engineering experience is preferred
- Must have a clear understanding of cost vectors of semiconductor devices such as Technology node, Die size, Front end, and back-end process steps.
- Relationship with Tier 1 semiconductor suppliers is good to have but not mandatory.
- Demonstrated ability to manage ambiguity and apply problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint, MS Word)