Our Client operates in the Aviation and Aerospace Component Manufacturing Industry, with its headquarters rooted strongly in the United States. It has its branches spread to more than 90 countries, providing employment to more than 10,000 people all over the world. They fall in the Top 300 Companies as Canada’s Best Employers for 2021. Their core business is manufacturing Civil and Military Rotary-Wing Craft for their clients.
- Support all phases of development from initial proposal development through successful design, qualification, integration testing, flight test, and production.
Specific experience with some or all of the following:
- Targeting, Weapons, EO/IR Sensors, Radars, HUD/HMD, Aircraft Survivability Equipment (ASE) and/or Autonomous Teaming
- Communications Systems: VHF/UHF, SATCOM, TCDL, ICS
- Navigation: EGI, GPS, IFF, ADS-B, TCAS, ILS, TACAN, Radar Altimeter, Air Data, TF/TA
- Modular Open Systems Architectures, Model Based Systems Engineering, Open Standards (e.g. Future Avionics Capability Environment (FACE), Hardware Open Systems Technologies (HOST), Sensor Open System Architecture (SOSA))
- Creation of system architecture and system schematics.
- Creation of system performance specifications, interface control documents, and test plans/procedures.
- Development of test requirements to drive systems integration lab and flight test aircraft instrumentation design
- Perform hardware and software integration testing of multiple systems operating together in a systems integration lab
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Software Engineering preferred; Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline required
- Experience at all levels will be considered with a minimum of 8 years relevant experience; 10-14 years preferred.
- Preferred experience in military platform avionics and mission system integration.
- Experience with qualification to standards such as RTCA DO-160, MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-883, MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-464, RTCA DO-178, and RTCA DO-254,
- Familiarity with System Safety Assessments and Failure Hazard Analysis
- Demonstrated engineering intuition, critical thinking, comfort with ambiguity
- Strong oral and written skills as this position involves working with a diverse team of experienced professionals; customers and suppliers
- Coordinate between engineering teams, suppliers and customers.
- Work collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams to define cross-functional interfaces and conduct air vehicle level trade studies as designs move from concept to production
- Collaborating with engineers from other disciplines to include electrical power, flight controls, propulsion, airframe structures, rotors, fuel, hydraulics and drive systems
- Analyze and resolve hardware/software integration issues as they arise
- Must be eligible for obtaining and maintaining a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance