Our Client operates in the Oil and Energy industry, with its headquarters rooted strongly in Saudi Arabia. It has its branches spread to more than 50 countries, providing employment to more than 68,500 people all over the world. They fall under the Fortune 500 Companies. They are one of the world’s largest oil producers. They are constantly growing by creating new technologies through its Research and Development efforts and branch into new business lines through Investments and Acquisitions.
As the successful candidate you will be required to perform the following:
- Perform field troubleshooting on a daily basis or as requested.
- Participate on major T&Is and emergency plant shutdowns.
- Provide support to maintenance organizations e.g. Machine Shop or Welding Shop by developing repair procedures and following up with on-going repairs. Provide proposals for repairs or avail any ideas that can come from the execution team from a technical stand point
- Participate in facilities audit activities.
- Provide engineering support to repair hydrocarbon leaks, review and approve the bolted clamp calculations and design made by the specialized leak sealing contractor companies to maintenance prior to field installation.
- Review detailed drawings and material specification from Layout Group for piping modifications as requested.
- Participate in HAZOP Studies review.
- Perform piping mechanical calculations like minimum wall thickness for internal and external pressure, branch reinforcement calculations, MAWP calculations as per ASME B31.3, hydrotest pressure, rating and/or de-rating of piping circuits by following API 570, fitness for service to evaluate flaws or damage and determine if the piece of pipe is suitable for continuous operation by using API 579, perform pipe stress analysis using Caesar II, perform flange calculations as per ASME VIII Div 1 App 2 using PVElite, perform nozzle calculations using WRC-107 and WRC-297 modeling the analysis in Caesar II or PVElite.
- Mechanical calculations and technical assessment of all the miscellaneous mechanical items like for example: Expansion Joints, steam Traps, special valves, strainers, quill injector vortex shedding calculations
- Perform Hot Tap calculations by using standard SAEP-311 and API 2201.
- Troubleshoot and assess valve selection, perform mechanical calculations for check valves, perform torque calculations for valve stems, etc.
- Calculate and select spring hangers, provide maintenance with repair procedures.
- Select gaskets type and materials, provide correct specification and applicability to critical services.
- Perform mechanical assessment for firefighting equipment and systems, perform basic hydraulic calculations for deluge systems, sprinklers, fire monitors, get the concurrence from chief fire prevention engineer is required.
- Perform basic structural calculations for temporary supports and any other structure minor modification as requested.
- Evaluate and recommend metallurgical changes along with Corrosion and Inspection specialist
- Along with the repair procedures, develop basic welding procedures for repair of mechanical components and have the concurrence from CSD welding specialist.
- Develop EWRs by preparing detailed design packages including scope of work, assembly/erection procedures, welding procedures, NDT requirements, material list and sketches/drawings.
- Review and approve from the technical standpoint all quotations received as requested by maintenance when deemed necessary (Example: valves, pipe and fittings of special materials, etc.
- You must hold a Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- You should have a minimum of 15 years’ experience within the refinery and/or NGLF industry specifically in asset integrity of piping and valves, with at least 10 years field experience working on plants major turnaround and field troubleshooting.
- You must have a thorough knowledge of best engineering practices, solid industry codes and standards background (ASME, API, NACE, ASTM, ISO) and use of engineering software’s.