- We are looking for a seasoned leader and data scientist with an extensive track record in designing, developing, and evaluating ML models which focus on optimization of marketing strategies and tactics, customer journey and perceptions within campaigns, and revenue impact.
As the Principal Data Scientist - Measurement you:
- Are energized to work collaboratively with partners and stakeholders across the business to apply, innovate, and deploy machine learning algorithms and data science methods for new measurement
- Will inform and empower Commercial and Medical stakeholders in marketing, finance, strategy teams, and the field to make data-driven decisions for patient benefit
- Drive to optimize investments and activities so that our client can create ever-improving, integrated customer experiences across brands and channels
- Deliver these benefits using robust and consistent methods that you have embedded in analytics products that can evolve and improve over time
- Develop state of the art causal learning, deep learning, and predictive techniques to help the organization understand the performance of omnichannel campaigns and optimize spend.
- Run regular A/B experiments and perform statistical analyses to measure the effects of these experiments.
- Work with other data scientists, engineers and product partners to develop new machine learning approaches, and measurement strategies
- Manage and guide data science and data engineering elements of AI/ML projects related to revenue prediction and optimization across commercial and marketing channels (TV, mail, email, web, social, mobile, digital, etc.)
- Collaborate within cross-functional teams to develop efficient measurement use cases (such as revenue simulation (what-if scenarios)) and define goals and deliverables
- Leverage forecasting and simulation-based modeling approaches to provide optimization recommendations of marketing and business plans.
- Conduct advanced analysis on various marketing efforts to gauge performance, impact, and effectiveness against the desired results.
- Drive the development, deployment and industrialization of enterprise level Measurement algorithms to make business impact from structured and unstructured data for our brands and the different therapeutic areas
- Act as subject matter expert for applicable data science and other advanced analytical methodologies, programs, and projects in relation to business impact measurement: revenue optimization, marketing mix, forecasting, campaign and tactic testing, etc.
- Take an enterprise mindset, linking individual responsibilities with broader organization; focus on outcomes that provide most business value
- Define and produce deliverables that identify opportunities to tracking and measurement plans that inform and inspire internal stakeholders and decision makers.
- MS or PhD in relevant discipline: Data Science; Computer Science; Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Economics / Econometrics, Engineering or related field, preferably with a focus on Data Science and Machine Learning applications.
- 10+ years of relevant industry work experience (transferable skill set across multiple industries is a huge plus )
- Significant (5+ years) experience in the application of machine learning to enterprise data extracted from sources such as social media, email, and finance, combined with a demonstrated ability to drive tangible results
- Significant experience in most of the following quantitative fields: Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Reinforcement Learning, Mathematical Optimization, etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency in leveraging open source libraries for Deep Learning models (open source frameworks like Tensorflow, Keras, and/or PyTorch)
- Experience working with large, complex data using Hadoop or Spark or other big data platforms
- Proficiency with industry-standard programming languages such as R or Python
- Experience with other data science and cloud-computing tools and platforms (AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of secondary data sources including syndicated sales, promotional & marketing data, social media, engagement etc.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, and/or Qlik, and/or Data Studio, etc.
- Proven track record of leadership, time-management, project management, and teamwork; Strong attention to detail
- Experience translating research or analysis to communicate (in presentations and in writing) concise and compelling business stories that influence decisions and strategy
- Ability to produce scalable and robust production-quality code incorporating testing, evaluation, and monitoring.
- Experience in designing and productionizing large-scale distributed systems built around machine learning models and big data.
- Experience with growth (acquisition, engagement, retention) and modeling on marketing data (i.e. attribution, propensity to convert, customer journey mapping, lifetime value, incrementality) is a plus.