About our client
Our Client operates in the Electronics Industry, with its headquarters rooted strongly in the United States. It has its branches spread to 5 offices, providing employment to more than 9,000 people all over the world. They fall in the Fortune 500 Companies. Their core business is designing, manufacturing and marketing of products for end-to-end transmissions.
- Define the infrastructure and the software architecture for multiple platforms including switches, firewalls, routers and edge processing products
- Develop platform software and collaborate across engineering groups to maximize the use of common emerging platform technologies, conventions and technological building blocks.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Architects and Product Owners from various teams and Executive leaders to define the business and technical strategy
- Collaborate with global engineering leads at various businesses to establish and drive adoption of conventions and innovation
- This position has the growth potential to transition into a team lead and people leader position.
- 8+ years of experience in platform software development
- 5+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed service-oriented architectures, having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, scalability and security
- 3+ years implementing containerization solutions using Docker or LXC containers
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies such as Hyper-V, vSphere, and vCenter.
- Experience using Kubernetes, Docker, or Rancher for microservices deployment.
- Experience with IaC using Ansible or Terraform.
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines. Devops and Devsecops, version control, and system testing with Gitlab and Jenkins.
- Experience gaining insight from log files with Datadog, ElasticSearch, Prometheus, and Grafana.
- Experience implementing systems tracing with Jaeger and Opentracing.
- Familiarity with protocol level tracing with Wireshark.
- Production experience with distributed datastore using zookeeper, cassandra, postgres, kafka, redis, and ElasticSearch.
- Experienced with programming languages such as C, C++, Java, Python and Go.
- Familiar with cloud platforms such as GCP, AWS, or Azure.
- 2 or more years building public API's and ability to design and implement RESTful APIs.
- Willingness to learn and teach complex technologies.
- Voracious need to document code and catalog data transformations.