Our Client operates in the Oil and Energy industry, with its headquarters rooted strongly in Saudi Arabia. It has its branches spread to more than 50 countries, providing employment to more than 68,500 people all over the world. They fall under the Fortune 500 Companies. They are one of the world’s largest oil producers. They are constantly growing by creating new technologies through its Research and Development efforts and branch into new business lines through Investments and Acquisitions.
You will be required to perform the following:
- Execute capital projects according to the scope, schedule and budget.
- Provide the technical input and review of the design, construction, pre-commissioning, commissioning and startup of facilities.
- Address technical issues arising in all phases of the project development related to Hydroprocessing and associated facilities.
- Responsibility for project development: engineering studies, licensors selection, technical bid reviews, preliminary engineering, detail designs, materials procurement, construction, pre-commissioning, handover, commissioning and startup.
- Manage General Engineering Services (GES) design contractor activities during the development of Pre-FEED & FEED, including definition of project work scope and schedule requirements.
- Development of detailed estimate leading to funding appropriation and approval.
- Be familiar with international procedures of Projects Phases, Engineering Phases, Bidding procedures, Procurement Processes, Construction Requirements and up to date Best Practices.
- Full understanding of contract documents (inclusive of appendices, drawings and specifications), project execution plan, interface management, change management, construction sequencing, standards specifications and project schedule to support project manager and/or company representative in timely completion of projects.
- Review and resolve day to day contractors’ activities related to assigned project (process) work during construction and ensure HSE compliance.
- Participate in developing process deliverables such as, BFDs, PFDs, P&IDs, H&MB, data sheets, C&E diagrams, HAZID, HAZOP, SIL, simulations, 3D modeling, energy optimization, startup plans, etc.
- Perform change order scope definition, cost estimation and assist the Project Manager or Company representative in change management process.
- Review weekly and monthly reports on the status and progress of the contracts, including project costs and schedule.
- Attend project meetings e.g. progress, stakeholders, design review, plot plan, value improvement.
- Review of project schedule, coordinate and monitor the assigned project progress and challenge below par performance of the contractor.
- Review, coordinate, and monitor invoices (claimed vs actual physical progress checks) and contractor’s submittals.
- Performs Project Reporting and implementation of company initiatives during project execution.
- Review design/study process modifications to the facilities.
- Provide routine process (design and construction) support to facilities such as Hydroprocessing and related facilities.
- Develop and/or review testing and commissioning procedures for process equipment, especially Hydroprocessing facilities.
- Be familiar with leading technology licensors/ Vendors, international standards and value improvement practices.
- Uphold engineering ethics and maintain high standards of professional behavior and conduct.
- Education: B.S. in Chemical Engineering and a higher degree is preferred.
- Overall Experience: Fifteen (15) years of experience in the refining and petrochemical industries with a specialty in Hydroprocessing, such that the incumbent is clearly recognized as an expert in this field.
- Field Experience: five (5) years of field experience including construction, pre-commissioning, commissioning, startup, and operation.
- Language Requirements:Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written) and no second language is required.
- Other: Must have Engineering Design & Construction phase experience with a thorough knowledge of engineering practices and economic principles in the applicable International Codes, Standards and Specifications.
- Other: Dynamic attitude toward project improvements and savings, PMP Certification is desirable but not mandatory.
- Other: Flexible to work in multinational teams and mobilize to different locations including remote areas as needed.