Our Client operates in the Oil and Energy industry, with its headquarters rooted strongly in Saudi Arabia. It has its branches spread to more than 50 countries, providing employment to more than 68,500 people all over the world. They fall under the Fortune 500 Companies. They are one of the world’s largest oil producers. They are constantly growing by creating new technologies through its Research and Development efforts and branch into new business lines through Investments and Acquisitions.
As the successful candidate you will be required to perform the following:
- Review and monitor the performances of existing Utilities through key performance indicators (KPIs) representing the optimum operability, profitability, reliability, and process safety.
- Issue quarterly utilities performance benchmarking reports highlighting the KPIs, analysis, and performance improvement recommendations.
- Monitor and support the facilities in implementing the recommendations and closing the gaps identified in the quarterly performance benchmarking reports.
- Conduct benchmarking and best practices exchange workshops internally among Global Manufacturing facilities (wholly-owned and affiliates).
- Provide on-demand remote and/or field technical advisory support to Global Manufacturing facilities on matters concerning the operation of Utilities which may include but not limited to process design, process troubleshooting, start-up and shutdown activities and capacity test runs. Issue service report for every support activity provided highlighting the facilities need, actions taken, results, and lessons learned.
- In collaboration with Global Manufacturing facilities engineers, propose cost optimization or process improvement initiatives focusing on ‘low-hanging fruits’ with no or minimal capital investment required, through operational adjustment or design modification.
- Conduct internal assessments on Utilities using engineering standard references. Highlight any deviations or better standards applied by affiliates for endorsement to facility management or Central Engineering.
- Act as the overall coordinator for cascading and driving Global Manufacturing and Corporate programs for the Utilities in the operating facilities enabling their execution and effective monitoring.
- Participate in Business Plan development and coordinate with stakeholders for any capital investments on assigned Utilities and support techno-economic evaluations.
- Be aware of Utilities technology developments in the industry and endorse the evaluation and approval to Central Engineering to facilitate field deployment.
- Support arrangement and facilitation of technical knowledge exchange workshops with major equipment suppliers for Utilities and Global Manufacturing facilities.
- Participate in hazard operability (HAZOP) and safety integrity level (SIL) studies as required by Utility operating facilities.
- You must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or related specialization.
- You should have a minimum of 15 years total Utilities unit experience (process engineering and operations) with at least 10 years’ experience in handling utilities.
- Exposure to major equipment suppliers / package units for Utilities is preferred.