About our client
Our Client operates in the Automotive Industry, with its headquarters rooted strongly in India. It has its branches spread to more than 100 countries, providing employment to more than 2,50,000 people all over the world. They fall in the Fortune India 500 List. Their core business is manufacturing motor vehicles. They operate in 15+ key industries, making significant contributions to the world economy.
- Understanding of the emerging EV Potential in Indian Market & Consumers to identify new opportunity areas and define the product scope/ definition in SUV space
- Data analysis of relevant Industry data points - Industry Sales Trend, EV penetration, EV Technology Trend Study (Globally) and its relevance from Target Market and Consumers perspective. Current and Future Market Study [Related and Cross Industry trend application]
- Understanding customer requirements related to Product and translate the same into cost effective product/technical solutions while defining product scope
- Regular Market and Dealership visits to have 1st hand feedback on the consumer needs and wants
- Tracking relevant actions in EV space – OEM/ supplier announcements and plans, EV Technologies (Battery, Motor, Power Electronics, Thermal mgmt.) & EV ecosystem (Charging / Battery EOL/ Infra)
- Studying the applicable regulations for future compliance. Track and analyse relevant industry data points like market trends/ segment shifts (Indian & global), consumer trends, competitor strategy
- Interfacing & controlling the complexity involved in product development by balancing the needs of the Design/Marketing team and the product development team
- Interface with CFT to detail the product concept, and entire “New Product Development” deliverables from concept till product launch including Media Drive / Market activation events
- Drive Product definition through various stages of gateway deliverables till Business case finalisation - Communicate and track the same to program teams dynamically for implementation
- Prepare and maintain exhaustive database of Product specifications, competitive actions, features comparison, value analysis/ customer value proposition that supports Product Scope Definition, key decision making in Senior Management Reviews, Launch Preparations etc
- Management Information Reporting / Analysis of newly launched & refreshed products
- Passionate about Cars, especially EV technology and the automotive industry
- Ability to weave the product concept into a strong narrative and Reasons to Win
- Good Interpersonal skills, able to adapt and work with leaders and CFT
- Cross-functional collaboration with Design, R&D, Marketing, Sourcing, Mfg., Customer Service etc
- Keen follower of market, consumer insights, ecosystem partnerships
- Ability to think holistically with a strategic intent
- Effective communicate skills to pitch the to various teams, right upto senior leadership
- Proficient in MS Excel and Power-point
- Having positive attitude and a passion for developing new products from grounds up.
- Desire to stay ahead of the curve by consuming content that’s relevant in areas of working.
- Strong automotive product/ecosystem base knowledge with a desire to learn new aspects of business.
- Open to new ideas and perspectives by CFT and build on the team knowledge for effective decision making.