About our client
Our Client operates in the Automotive Industry, with its headquarters rooted strongly in India. It has its branches spread to more than 100 countries, providing employment to more than 2,50,000 people all over the world. They fall in the Fortune India 500 List. Their core business is manufacturing motor vehicles. They operate in 15+ key industries, making significant contributions to the world economy.
- Lead project quality activities across several offshore wind projects simultaneously.
- Develop project specific quality regimes, including documentation, plans and procedures
- Review of client quality documents
- Ensure quality coordination between project team and partner teams
- Lead quality seminars/training sessions with client and project team
- Plan and carry out audits and inspections both external and internal
- Participate in developing our QMS
Skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge of Welding (WPS/PQR/WQT), Heat treatment & fabrication.
- Knowledge of NDT (UT, LPT, RT) and UPE, GPR, IE,
- Skills of interpretation of NDT results and acceptance criteria.
- Knowledge of Critical quality check of WTG components including tower, nacelle, gear box, blades during manufacturing and installation.
- Knowledge of wind turbine project is must as quality/inspection engineer
- Knowledge of surface preperation/shot blasting, painting, coating
- Knowledge of AGMA code & Heavy duty gear boxes
- FAT of major WTG components gear box, FRP blades, tower & anchor bolts
- Basic knowledge of PCC, RCC & Specialized grouting in WTG foundation
- Knowledge of IS code, ASTM code, ASNT code, and IEC codes applicable to wind turbine generator
- Working knowledge of MS office (PPT, excel, word, emails)
- Basic Knowledge of ISO 9001,ISO 14001 & ISO 45001
- Well versed with Occupational Health and safety requirments related to wind project installation
- Ability to learn new methods of welding, NDT, fabrication.
- Building Relations & Network.
- Inter department co-ordination with E,P,C.
- Diploma/B.E./B.Tech (Mechanical) OR Diploma B.E./B.tech. (Civil)
- ASNT level II in UT, RT, LPT
Location of posting:
- Site of wind projects with intermittent travelling to office and supplier location