Our client is an industry-leading snacks company known for bringing goodness to the world through its iconic brands, remarkable people and enduring commitment to help children succeed. They have employed approximately 17,000 employees around the world who work every day to deliver delicious, quality products. The company has more than 90 brands around the world that drive more than $8 billion in annual revenues. For more than 125 years, they have been committed to operating fairly, ethically and sustainably.
Process Quality Control:
- Periodic Inspection and analysis of Beverages, fruit drinks. Juices, Soymilks, Ketchups & instant tea & Coffee premixes.
- Analysis of online blend samples and finished products for physicochemical and sensory parameters.
- Periodic Checks for Finished Goods during packing operations.
- Checks of finished Goods in warehouse, first pass & second pass quality checks & analysis.
- Monitoring & analysis of Water treatment plant (Coagulation Water/ RO water).
- Verification of records pertaining to Quality & food safety.
- Monitoring GMP compliance.
- Customer complaint analysis & RCA & CAPA
- Timely Reporting of non-conformances observed and their resolution with RCA & CAPA.
- Monitor adherence to SOPs in blending and packing operations.
- Understand production issues and mitigate critical issues escalated; Guide team to resolve day to day to operational issues and own the SAP release and data reporting of India production.
- Conduct weekly and monthly audits like PHC, GMP, Super six etc.
- Oversee execution of all internal audits for the Mandideep plant, including audits for global and internal systems.
- Track and review all system related audit documentation: FFSC, QMS new standards, any SOPs, process change IQ/PQ/OQ and be cognizant of risks and hazards related to quality.
Training and development
- Identify training needs for the plant based on product and quality requirements; Provide directions to the team for capability building
- Oversee internal training sessions to be conducted as per agreed timelines
- Plan trainings for the team to explain quality parameters and guidelines on a regular basis; Measure training effectiveness on a regular basis
- Constantly track the market to understand best practices in the areas of quality assurance and quality testing
- Periodically review own areas of operations to seek opportunities to bring in best practices and reduce consumer complaints.
- Present opportunities and benefits of incorporating newer methods to the supervisor
- Assign approved initiatives to team and track progress; Actively participate in pilots and communicating initiative to other departments; Guide team as required
Personal Capability Development:
- Responsible and committed for the training and development plan for self
- Be the ‘owner’ for continuous growth under the supervision of the QRC Head
- Basic knowledge of technology fundamentals
- Deep understanding of food safety and Quality
- Understanding of FMCG Business and Financial Understanding
- Experience in Project Quality Assurance, Process Quality, Supplier Technical Assurance Quality management system and regulatory compliance
- Plant with co-manufacturing handling experience preferred
- Hands on knowledge on handling and calibration of analytical instruments.
- Experience in Chemical analysis of food beverages.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge on Quality Management Standards appropriate to the business with experience of their application in a large scale-manufacturing and packing environment.
- Exposure/ knowledge on FSSAI and other relevant regulations of the industry
- Experience on use of statistical tools and their applications
- Strong interpersonal skills, good communicator, sound administrator with very good working knowledge of computer.
- Should be conversant with latest best practices on quality management.
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner with various functions across the organization.
- Exposure in handling global clients with strong leadership skills for managing the internal teams.
- Demonstrated change management abilities, including conflict resolution skills.
- Graduate/ Postgraduate in Food/ Dairy Technology/ Microbiology or Chemistry
- 3-5 Years of relevant experience in Quality/ manufacturing function in a food & beverage industry of good repute.