Our client is a US based MNC and a leader in manufacturer of electronic, electrical, and fiber optic connectivity systems. They offer over 100,000 products across a variety of industries, including data communications, medical, industrial, automotive and consumer electronics. It is considered the second largest electronic connector company in the world.
- Analyze product failure to define corrective and preventive action to respond to customer complaints.
- Communicate with customer in timely manner in regard to data summary, customer updates and corrective action reports.
- Coordinate with Quality Personnel and other departments and personnel to discuss and resolve product quality issues raised by customers.
- Participate in product quality planning and control processes based on customer's specifications and requirements that are initiated by customer quality issues.
- Inform quality management team regarding customer feedback and expectations on product's quality.
- Prepare and update all necessary quality reports and procedure as required by customers and procedures.
- Train and guide quality team in identifying and developing problem solving methodologies to resolve customer quality issues.
- Prepared 8D report to customer which include root cause analysis and corrective action on time.
- Perform 8D corrective action that written in 8D report to ensure that corrective action that committed is close and implemented.
Molding MQE engineer role:
- Streamline for part measurement by removing stable dimension and move from part measurement to part application by reviewing all inspection standard.
- Shift from manual measurement to automated measurement by programming Keyence program.
- Responsible in ensuring the quality of molding part and resolving quality issue encountered at molding.
- Control and monitor critical to process (CTP) dimension in molding.
- Validate sorting reject part to ensure there is no over reject to reduce molding QAP.
- Performing process line audit in daily basis include process parameter and CPS setting.
- Performing daily CPM review with process engineer and production team.
- Drive for QN, DMC and RN reduction / prevention in molding.
- Leading in quality and productivity improvement activities both at manufacturing plants and supplier.
- Drive for subcon for quality improvement
- Drive for CTP / CTQ dimension improvement at subcon to reduce Auto Assembly QAP.
- Benchmark good practice / control at subcon to implement in auto assembly.
- Share good practice / control that implement in auto assembly to subcon.
- Degree in a Science or Engineering discipline
- Manufacturing Quality Engineer
- Minimum 2 years as a Quality Engineer.
- Ability to perform engineering analyses & drive to root cause of processing problems.
- High degree of organizational skills as juggling multiple projects and managing them to specific timelines is expected.
- Basic computer skills including work processing & spreadsheets.
- Able to communicate effectively both in writing, one on one verbal, and group meetings.
- Good interpersonal skills sufficient to provide guidance to less experienced engineers.
- Knowledge of statistical tools and SPC.
- Basic analytical skill.
- Understand FMEA and control plan.
- Basic auditing skills.
- Preferred: Familiarity with database development, SPC software, and design of experiments and Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification
- Location – Perai Penang