Our client operates in the Financial sector, with its headquarters rooted strongly in the United States. It has its branches spread to more than 160 countries, providing employment to more than 200k people all over the world. They fall in the Top 15 largest Banks in the United States. Its core business is to provide various Banking and Financial services to its clients. It is known to have one of the biggest balance sheet banks in the world (among others) aiding it to offer 360-degree financial services to its clients.
- Understand and translate Asia local regulatory report requirements and its interpretation while identifying commonality and standards for classification in liaison with Finance SMEs and Technology Colleagues.
- Decompose the local regulatory report forms / schedule to identify critical information / data and its expected values.
- Prepare documentation to source data from a central database, specifying the actual requirement, expected values, and checks required for the data to be consumed.
- Prepare documentation to resolve data issues by interacting with multiple functions like country Finance, FRSS and Global Data Services teams.
Rules Development Phase:
- Perform Mapping (Rules) Documentation, Writing, and Review in accordance with identified Requirements.
- Testing Phase
- Perform Data Quality review of identified data in partnership with other work streams in the Centralized Team.
- Perform UAT and Parallel Testing through Test Scripts in partnership with other work streams in the Centralized Team.
- Support RegInsight LRR change management activities, requirements tracing and rules governance
- Lead/participate in other transformation initiatives to support Finance’s journey to become Best-in-Class Finance.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 5-7 years of work experience in accounting (IFRS, Local or US GAAP) financial reporting/auditing role
- Regulatory Reporting experience Production or Implementation highly advantageous
- SQL/MS Access knowledge
- Advanced MS Excel knowledge
- Fluent English
- Strong planning & organizational skills
- Efficient and effective time management
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with multiple functions
- Excellent analytical skills
- University/College degree in finance/accounting/IT
- CPA is advantageous
- Highly motivated with analytical & problem solving abilities
- Ability to interpret & implement regulatory guidelines & professional standards
- Needs to have excellent ability to pay attention to details and handle large volume of data
- Able to work under pressure in different locations and in virtual teams to meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise/motivate other team members and through influencing skills to improve relationship with seniors and peers.
- Creative, proactive and flexible
- Enthusiastic team player
- Opportunity to work with people from different functions and different countries.
- Opportunity to gain thorough knowledge of Finance processes
- Enhance knowledge about banking products and their accounting/reporting rules
- Obtain and enhance knowledge regarding specific regulatory rules in different Asia countries
- Ability to apply ETL (Enhance, Transform, Load) techniques to transform data into usable format for consumption
- Hands on project management experience