Our client operates in the Financial sector, with its headquarters rooted strongly in the United States. It has its branches spread to more than 160 countries, providing employment to more than 200k people all over the world. They fall in the Top 15 largest Banks in the United States. Its core business is to provide various Banking and Financial services to its clients. It is known to have one of the biggest balance sheet banks in the world (among others) aiding it to offer 360-degree financial services to its clients.
Remediation Lead Analyst (VP) - Hybrid
Location: Getzville, New York; Tampa, Florida; Irving, Texas
- The Controllers Data team is responsible for the implementation of enhancements to our client Data Operating Model (DOM) in relation to data consumed or produced by the Controllers organization. The team is responsible for understanding the concerns of the stakeholders within the Controllers organization relative to data quality and availability to assess required solutions to address those issues ensuring to coordinate closely with both internal and external stakeholders.
- They are engaged in efforts to remediate the issues through engagement with resolution teams, bridging the gap between the technology teams and the business teams. The focus will be to satisfy the data needs of the Controllers organization with data that is high quality and fit for purpose.
- The Controllers Data team will execute activities in support of Finance Transformation Plan sections for data management and remediation to support data consumption, data production, adjustment reduction and other remediation efforts.
- This position will be a lead analyst role within the team who will be responsible for the operationalization of data management standards for data produced and consumed by the Controllers organization.
- This role will be involved in supporting the data management implementation including defining requirements, supporting implementation, and facilitating consumption of data. Additionally, the role will require coordination with stakeholders in the Controllers organization and other stakeholders across our client
The individual in this role will focus on one of the following areas:
- Data quality and remediation for data consumed or produced by the Controllers organization, primarily focused on Regulatory Reporting and Books & Records.
- Understand metadata for critical data and data issue management and be able to work collaboratively with internal teams and business partners to ensure data is fit-for-purpose.
- Perform data discovery, profiling, certification, adoption and root cause analysis
- Build and implement new data quality rules to execute against high priority data assets.
- Develop recommendations and implement improvements to data quality controls at consumption layer.
- Support the data requirements identification and collection process to ensure completeness, accuracy and consistency of the metadata capture during the implementation phase.
- Facilitate the collection of data issues impacting Controllers consumption of data while taking ownership of ensuring the appropriate routing and remediation of identified issues
- Work with groups across Controllership and the wider Finance organization to capture, evaluate, identify synergies and paths of potential remediation for reported data quality issues
- Analyze data from multiple sources (e.g. reports, scorecards, diagrams) to validate dimensions and impact of data quality issues
- Analyze data to identify data quality issues and correlate those issues with data specifications and quality rules
- Support the implementation of data management initiatives across our client to ensure the needs of Controllers are met and that the data is fit for purpose.
- Collaborate with teams across our client including the Chief Data Office, Technology, and functional teams to conduct data diagnostic efforts, investigate root cause of findings, and present recommended options for solution(s) and remediation
- Coordinate with other Finance Data Transformation workstreams (e.g. Governance, Controls) to ensure data remediation efforts or outcomes adhere to Finance Transformation Program project plans and requirements
- Contribute to development and maintenance of data lineage, process maps, data concepts and glossaries and own Controllers inventories of issues to catalog, monitor, assess, forecast and report on data quality issue remediation efforts
- Facilitate the transition of data consumption from existing models to the enhanced data management framework, including defining consumption points, trusted sources, and technology enablers
- Participate in the development of data quality rules and metrics, including dashboards, KPIs, and other measurements of success
- Define and implement data domain metrics and an ongoing data remediation process to ensure sustainability of data framework
- Facilitate or contribute to status meetings (recurring and ad-hoc) with required stakeholder communities (including senior management) by preparing materials and updates, summarizing issues and risks, defining agreed action items and next steps
- Create project artifacts including, but not limited to: business and functional requirements, user acceptance test plans, and operational readiness documents
- BA/BS in Business, Computer Science, Information Management or related discipline.
- 5+ years working in the financial services industry, financial data management, or financial data remediation is required
- 5+ years of experience in analyst roles performing data analysis with SQL or other query tools to analyze data and working in data projects.
- Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst.
- Experience in database structures, query languages, structured programming languages, and the ability to query large datasets using SQL and working with relational databases.
- Familiarity with data visualization tools like tableau, Qlik Sense, Power BI.
- Outstanding analytical, strategic and problem-solving skills with ability to break challenges into component parts
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with evidence of working in collaboration across large organizations, including a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues/requests
- Ability to lead and drive change through creative thinking and pragmatism
- Ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously and plan / prioritize appropriately
- Ability to work with stakeholders to elicit and formally define their requirements
- Ability to understand the strategic direction and translate to the delivery of successful results in a complex and cross-functional organization
- Strong ability to extract information by questioning, active listening, and interviewing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- MBA or other advanced degree is a plus.
- Broad experience of Finance or Operational/Technology function within Banking organization is preferred
- Experience supporting transformation projects and organizational change initiatives a plus
- Demonstrated experience working with financial products life cycles and associated data needs preferred
- Experience with controller functions, financial books & records, and/or regulatory reporting is a plus
- Experience in data governance programs with knowledge of data governance principles and practices is a plus
- Practical experience of data management, data remediation, front to back system data flows, data handling, transmission, aggregation and/or data modelling is a plus
- Program and project management skills that include both Waterfall and Agile e.g. Scrum is a plus