About our client
PwC's South East Asia Consulting helps businesses to work smarter and grow faster. We work with our clients to build effective organisations, innovate and grow, reduce costs, manage risk and regulation and leverage talent. Our aim is to support businesses in designing, managing and executing lasting beneficial change.
South East Asia Consulting is a rapidly expanding practice across the region with presence in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam. We provide a comprehensive range of professional services and experience to deliver large scale, cross territory transformation projects, wherever our clients need us to be – from strategy through to execution
- Proactive involvement in an implementation of ERP(S4/HANA FICO, SD, MM, BPC, PM, TM)
- Conduct business needs analysis and identify key business challenges with the client teams and key stakeholders
- Identify improvement opportunities to achieve clients’ desired business outcomes
- Define ‘To-Be’ stage of processes, solution application requirement and performance measurements
- Co-develop deployment/enablement strategy, roadmap and plan to achieve ‘To-Be’ stage effectively
- Conduct deployment activities and measure achievement of desired outcomes
- Lead change for large scale multi-site ERP Implementation and other related transformational change efforts, including but not limited to efficiency and effectiveness initiatives; organisational restructurings; organisational capabilities development
- Support and pursuits team with gaining access to tenders, build proposals, win work and deliver projects
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firms/clients expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firms code of ethics and business conduct.