Our Client operates in the Aviation and Aerospace Component Manufacturing Industry, with its headquarters rooted strongly in the United States. It has its branches spread to more than 90 countries, providing employment to more than 10,000 people all over the world. They fall in the Top 300 Companies as Canada’s Best Employers for 2021. Their core business is manufacturing Civil and Military Rotary-Wing Craft for their clients.
- Our airworthiness team plays a key role in bringing our vision to life.
- It also represents a key intermediary interface between and the relevant aviation authorities who are responsible for the safety and certification of the products.
- As well as helping to shape the regulatory environment according to which our products will be certified, your task will also be to support our in-house design teams.
- By this you will contribute that our aircraft will meet the applicable certification standards and regulatory requirements.
- Understanding and interpretation of Part 21 Sub. G and J.
- Understanding and interpretation of the applicable CS and environmental protection requirements.
- Understanding and uncompromised adherence to Design Organization procedures.
- Assisting to quality assurance personnel in ensuring the Design Organization Handbook is up to date.
- Supporting all departments of the design organisation in all questions regarding airworthiness, environmental protection approvals and certification.
- Preparation of the Type Investigation program and co-ordination of all tasks related to Type Investigation in concurrence with EASA.
- Co-operation in issuing guidelines for the preparation of the manuals required by the applicable implementing rules, Service Bulletins, drawings, specifications, and standards
- Coordination with compliance verification engineers for satisfactory completion and showing of compliance against target certification specifications.
- Co-operation in preparing test programs needed for demonstration of compliance.
- Signing of conformity statements for test articles and components before performing laboratory, ground, or flight tests.
- Approving the classification of changes in accordance with DOA privileges.
- Monitoring of significant events on other aeronautical products as far as relevant to determine their effect on airworthiness of products being designed by the design organisation
- Synchronising with EASA with regard to the issue of airworthiness directives in general based on Service Bulletins
- Active involvement in internal DOA relevant training activities.
What do we expect from the candidate?
- Master’s degree in aerospace or aeronautical engineering or STEM + 10 years’ experience in aviation.
- Knowledge of the EASA regulatory environment and EASA practices.
- Previous involvement in EASA Type Certification Processes.
- Knowledge of airworthiness code on national level (German LTF-UL, UK-BCAR) is beneficial.
- Experience as Airworthiness Engineer and with Aviation safety (SMS).
- Pragmatic and open-minded approach to novel technology design solutions.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Technical problem-solving skills.
- High level of communication skills.
- Safety oriented mindset.
- English language proficiency (at least C1).
- German language proficiency is beneficial.
What do we offer?
- Long-term involvement in the company.
- Flexible working time.
- Dynamic and interesting teamwork in a young team.
- Work in a creative and ambitious international company.
- Access to unique knowledge, information in the field of aviation, department, and professional training resources.
- Opportunities for personal and professional development.