Responsible for completing all aspects of regulatory compliance testing and reporting on client products.
- May act as lead engineer on complex projects.
- Participate in setting technical direction; plan schedule and coordinate detailed phases of a project.
- May train other test engineers and test technicians.
- Test moderate to highly complex equipment. Ensure product meets regulatory compliance requirements.
- Prepare test development project quotes and proposals by assisting in defining customer technical requirements, test strategies and selecting test equipment.
- Establish and maintain professional relationship with customers.
- Consult with customer on highly complex issues.
- Liaise with other global laboratories to ensure consistency and accuracy of methods and interpretations.
- Document test results for correction actions, report and audits. Analyze test data and determine expected outcome for tests. Identify and report all deviations.
- Maintain confidentially of all and client information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skill, & Abilities:
- Advanced engineering knowledge, understanding of testing requirements, manufacturing processes, drawings and standards.
- Excellent communication skills, to relay complex scientific and technical information in a clear, concise, and understandable manner, verbally and in technical writing.
- Advanced analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of US and international regulatory standards and approval requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge of western consumer values and expectations in regards to foreseeable product use and abuse.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks while meeting or exceeding deadlines.
- Ability to travel. Valid driver’s license required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent education and/or experience.
- Regulatory Testing training
- 6 years of test experience evaluating products in accordance with product regulatory standards.
- Experience using automated test tools.
- Experience testing to NEC, NFPA, UL, CSA, IEC, EN Standards preferred.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Office and laboratory environment
- Travel to client locations.