Our client operates in the Financial sector, with its headquarters rooted strongly in the United States. It has its branches spread to more than 160 countries, providing employment to more than 200k people all over the world. They fall in the Top 15 largest Banks in the United States. Its core business is to provide various Banking and Financial services to its clients. It is known to have one of the biggest balance sheet banks in the world (among others) aiding it to offer 360-degree financial services to its clients.
- Our client Internal Audit – Risk Management team is part of a global organization covering our client businesses and service to clients and customers in over 180 countries. These talented teams provide independent assessments of risk management and the internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management, and our client numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within our client aimed to enhance the control culture of our client worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
- The Internal Audit Risk team seeks to ensure a sound control environment is in place to identify, measure, monitor and control the following independent, second line of defence risk teams on a global basis:
- Model Risk
- Senior Auditor (C12 -AVP) (New York, NY/Irving, TX/Wilmington, DE/ Tampa, FL/ Jacksonville, FL)
- The Senior Auditor is an intermediate level role responsible for performing moderately complex audits and assessments of our client risk and control environments in coordination with the Audit team, including the completion of internal and regulatory validations. The overall objective is to apply in-depth disciplinary knowledge through value-added perspectives or advisory service to help our client reach business goals.
- Manage a small team of internal audit professionals that performs moderately complex audits
- Complete assigned audits within budgeted timeframes, and budgeted costs
- Monitor, assess, and recommend solutions to emerging risks
- Contribute to the development of audit processes improvements, including the development of automated routines to help focus audit testing
- Draft audit reports, and present issues to the business while discussing practical cross-functional solutions
- Recommend appropriate and pragmatic solutions to risk and control issues
- Apply understanding of internal audit standards, policies, and local regulations to provide timely audit assurance
- Develop internal audit staff, and provide coaching to team members
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding our client, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behaviour, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience
- Effective verbal, written and negotiation skills
- Effective project management skills
- Effective influencing and relationship management skills
- Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) preferred
- Demonstrated ability to remain unbiased in a diverse working environment
- Ability to travel up to 10% for onsite audits
Education for both Senior Auditor:
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred