About our client
Our Client operates in the Aviation and Aerospace Component Manufacturing Industry, with its headquarters rooted strongly in the United States. It has its branches spread to more than 90 countries, providing employment to more than 10,000 people all over the world. They fall in the Top 300 Companies as Canada’s Best Employers for 2021. Their core business is manufacturing Civil and Military Rotary-Wing Craft for their clients.
- Directs, manages, coordinates, and negotiates the purchasing, manufacturing and delivery of materials, parts, equipment, etc., to support customers while assuring quality, delivery performance and price in the placement of orders to provide maximum contributions to the Company’s business goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with operations and quality organizations in the supplier negotiation process based upon strategic initiatives.
- Leads the development of supply chain management personnel and coordinates with Legal regarding all contract matters including contract understanding, drafting contract language, improving negotiation skills, contract administration, and ensuring suppliers adhere to contract requirements.
- Develop supplier relationships to align the supply base with Textron Aviation’s overall strategy.
- Sets supplier strategies and manages impact to the organization.
- Establish long term vendor and supplier strategy including long term agreements with key suppliers
- Define the vision of new suppliers for product development, working directly with engineering and program management teams to ensure the long-term contractual relationship and performance requirements for new product introductions
- Lead key production and aftermarket negotiations, amendments or addendums that have significant financial impact to the company.
- Develops solutions to achieve strategic goals and supports process changes.
- Coordination of contractual issues with Legal Counsel, interpretation of supplier contracts, and approval of any contract deviations.
- Directs and manages team performing various buying functions including
- Interviewing supplier representatives and developing new sources.
- Arranging approved supplier contact with responsible technical and managerial personnel in other departments.
- Evaluating alternate sources and proposals including plant visitation when necessary.
- Negotiating contracts and orders, including delivery terms, quantity discounts, routings, etc.
- Expediting the delivery of critical items.
- Settling supplier and Textron Aviation claims
- Issuing purchase orders in compliance with company’s master schedule and plan
- Build and lead the team of procurement and supply chain specialists, ensure all procedures and process is followed.
- Establish proper documentation and training programs for the continued growth of the team.
- Responsible for ongoing process to measure, monitor and mitigate risk and opportunity within the supply chain.
- Establishing proper metrics for Supply Chain and supplier performance, with regular reporting requirements to internal stakeholders and company leadership.
- Communicate effectively and work together with team members and management at all levels and applicable departments to implement and meet strategic, sustaining and planning requirements.
- Understands the application and the use of company systems and processes.
- Supports all strategic sourcing initiatives and shares accountability with other departments in Supply Management.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 10 years manufacturing, supply chain, contracts, or relative experience required
- Leadership experience required
- Excellent negotiation skills required
- Proven track record of leading and developing high performing teams
- Knowledgeable in strategic supply chain and aftermarket principles, theories and programs.
- Demonstration of strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be self-motivated and self-disciplined, capable of working independently.
- Microsoft Office, Presentation Skills
- Understanding of Business Financials and associated measures
- Functional knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems