Our Client operates in the Information Services Industry, with its headquarters rooted strongly in the Netherlands. It has its branches spread to more than 40 countries. They fall in the Top 10 Dutch Companies. Their core business is to provide expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with specialized technology and services to its clients. The company serves various markets like legal, risk, compliance, accounting, finance, etc.
A global provider of professional information, software solutions and services who are active in more than 180 countries, impacting millions of people who shape the society of the future. Currently looking for a Senior Product Software Engineer to join their development teams to play an advising role in the creation of software designs and perform follow-up of other SW development and test tasks with focus on backend development using Java.
- Play an advising role in the creation of software designs and perform follow-up of other SW development and test task within the scope of your experience
- Develop, configure and write unit/integration tests for the software to meet user requirements and associated acceptance criteria, performance criteria and non-functional requirements in line with quality standards
- Ability to act as a coach on the team for development practices
- Perform an intake and acceptance on SW development tasks and describe/adapt the technical design for the development tasks
- Coordinate with QA/PO and other functions within team to ensure timely completion of assigned tasks
- Execute the quality procedures on SW development and deliver high quality components with regards to performance, scalability and robustness.
- Maintain/adapt SW documentation and artefacts.
- Participate in peer code reviews (using tools), customer support etc.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field preferred
- 3+ years of Java development experience
- Good knowledge of Java 8 API
- Good knowledge of JavaEE
- Experience with REST API’s and Web application Security (including design and testing)
- Hands-on experience with major web/application servers (WebSphere, WildFly/JBossAS)
- Experience with Maven
- Experience with JUnit
- Database modelling and hands-on experience with Oracle and/or Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience working with build management/CI tools like Teamcity
- Experience working on enterprise software and software integration preferred
- Well versed with the entirety of development process, from requirements to deployment as well as support
- Experience in working in an Agile environment (SCRUM)
- Fluent in English
Other relevant technologies
- Experience with Pair Programming and TDD or Behaviour driven development
- Experience with a data grid framework (Ignite, Coherence, Hazelcast, etc.)
- Mockito, DBUnit
- Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge about static and dynamic code analysis using tools like SonarQube or likewise
- Internal Growth programs: #Grow; Mindfulness and Wellbeing programs (Wellbeats, MyQuillibrium, mind & body webinars)
- Days off based on seniority
- Yearly performance bonus
- Holiday bonuses for Christmas and Easter
- Monthly allowance that can be used for public transport / parking / sport etc Referral bonus
- Flexible working schedule
- Corporate health insurance