Our client operates in the Financial sector, with its headquarters rooted strongly in the United States. It has its branches spread to more than 160 countries, providing employment to more than 200k people all over the world. They fall in the Top 15 largest Banks in the United States. Its core business is to provide various Banking and Financial services to its clients. It is known to have one of the biggest balance sheet banks in the world (among others) aiding it to offer 360-degree financial services to its clients.
Analytics & Information Management (AIM) group has a partnership
Below is the vertical under that the role would lead a team for:
- Data Governance – the team works with the Data Governance Leads (DGL) and Data Stewards to measure the Critical Data Elements (CDE) as a part of Regulatory Commitments
- The team is planned to go through a massive expansion in 2023 both in terms of scope of work as well as headcount increase
- As the leader of this team, oversee the team expansion within tight timelines, come up with standardized & measurable delivery frameworks and deliver on the business priorities for the year.
- It is imperative for this leader to bring agility, consistency, speed of deployment, innovation and a governance process through centralized and extensive analytics driven framework
- This is a highly visible & challenging role, with direct impact on GCG Data Governance goals and commitments.
What do we offer:
Data Governance team would manage the implementation of best in class data quality measurement programs across globe in retail consumer bank. The critical areas we support:
- Regulatory Support: Creation and execution of business data quality measurements as per regulatory programs like CCAR, AML etc
- Metrics Design: Identification of critical data elements in different systems, data quality rules design, Testing and validation of rules
- Data Governance: Standardization of data definitions and ensuring consistency in measurement as per definitions across systems/products/regions.
- Adapting of data governance tools and data management policy implementation
- DQ Score cards: Publishing monthly/quarterly score cards at country level and preparing executive summary reports for senior management
- Issue Management: Identifying defects and investigating root causes for different issues. Following up with stakeholders and creation of plan for resolution as per SLA
- Audit Support: Identifying cases on control gaps, policy breaches and providing data evidence for audit completion
- Compliance: Creation of automation solutions and elimination of manual steps as per compliance standards
- Work closely with Business Stakeholders to set the priorities for the team, convert those goals into actionable with a clearly defined delivery plan and outcomes.
- Expand the team into a robust multi-site model (Bangalore and Chennai) with a thorough Continuity of Business (CoB) in place
- Ensure all processes follow a standard technology-approved SDLC complaint methodology through the adoption of tools like JIRA and BitBucket
- Expand scope of Data Quality as a discipline.
- Partner with other AIM teams to expand scope of CDE measurement and increase usage of data quality certified CDE in critical processes
- Ensure adherence to strict Project Management discipline through periodic reviews
- Analyze and understand the Data Strategy at GCB.
- Drive project reviews to ensure alignment with the Data Strategy.
- This will include quickly learning details of multiple business processes especially concerning data usage and movement.
- This also includes the ability to think laterally and flexibly to understand business needs and opportunities as compared to current state and discuss/brainstorm these situations with business and technology partners.
- Must be able to break down complex problems, question assumptions and be comfortable making high impact decisions with limited information and some degree of uncertainty.
- Ensure compliance with Data Management Policy.
- Drive acceptance of data standards and policies in each assigned product and region
- Responsible for comprehensive Data Governance for assigned product in a region.
- Define policies, procedures, and processes for cleaning, mastering, governing, and documenting data for the assigned product in a region.
- Review all data assets to identify Critical Data Elements (CDEs) and socialize these with the wider organization.
- Implement controls, identify Trusted Sources, provide monitoring and build/review scorecards. Monitor key data management and governance metrics to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the critical data within their domain(s).
- Profile the data and define appropriate data quality rules especially for critical attributes to ensure reliable data
- Accountable to ensure that all US PBA data quality issues are addressed reliably and in a timely fashion as per processes.
- Participate in root cause analysis, coordinate with stakeholders, facilitate communication across Business, Operations and Technology and assume responsibility for end to end resolution
- Responsible for identifying and managing trusted sources of data sets while guiding users and application development to use them
- Provide recommendations and supporting documentation for new or proposed data standards, business rules and policy
- Provide advice on various projects and initiatives to ensure that any data related changes and dependencies are identified, communicated and managed to ensure adherence with the Data Governance established standards.
- Drive creation of current state process maps beginning with transaction inception all the way through to management and regulatory reporting.
- Drive the creation of target state process maps.
- Identify all reference data and master data used or created within the processes, and confirm corresponding business controls.
- Document data/system lineage and data tracing through all “hops” for each business process and coordinate with Technology to create corresponding Lineage toolset.
- Manage technical metadata requirements and inputs related to Business CDEs and coordinate Lineage tasks and test activities between Business, Operations and Technology. Manage all Business Glossaries
- Help identify the need for enterprise-level data standards based on strategic business objectives and the evolution of enterprise-level capabilities and analytical requirements
- Collaborate across the organization to ensure consistent and effective execution of data governance and management principles across GCB analytical systems and data domains.
- Drive alignment of Business/Operational Processes with firm wide Risk and Controls initiatives
- Timely resource hiring and onboarding
- MBA / Masters Degree in Economics / Statistics / Mathematics / Information Technology / Computer Applications / Engineering from a premier institute. BTech / B.E in Information Technology / Information Systems / Computer Applications
- (Preferred) Post Graduate in – Computer Science, Mathematics, Operations Research, Econometrics, Management Science and related fields
- 15+ years’ experience in areas of financial services technology, data governance & delivery management
- 8+ years of experience in formal Data Governance within a global company; Strong data management background who understands data, data architecture, how to ingest data, process data, consume data, data quality, and stewardship.
- 8+ years of experience working in data management with Code mining, Data Mining, Visual data Lineage, System to system Lineage as Information Steward.
- 3+ years of experience leading/managing a large data team.
- Extremely proficient in SQL queries, data analysis and profiling, data quality monitoring rules and data quality issues resolution. Experience in using a Data Visualization tool like Tableau a strong plus.
- Must have excellent analytical and business skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of master data elements and processes per the necessary in-scope data domains, specifically Finance and Risk
- Demonstrate a high level of motivation, strong work ethic and self-starting attitude with a bias for speed and execution
- Demonstrate ability to lead and multi-task, problem-solve, make decisions and operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a collaborative person who listens effectively and invites response and discussion. Must possess good negotiation skills. Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Must be able to exercise independent thinking and good judgment under all circumstances. Demonstrate versatility and a willingness to work with constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Strong Communication Skills/Able to Persuade/Influence Others at all Organization Levels and the ability to foster lasting partnerships.