Our Client operates in the Manufacturing Industry, with its headquarters rooted strongly in India. It provides employment to more than 5,000 people in the country. Their core business is to provide innovative solutions for the infrastructure industry. Their main focus is to help create positive and sustainable change in the world.
- As a shift supervisor /process technician specialising in the manufacture of products from polymers, you will be responsible for leading a team to achieve production targets with a strong focus on HSE, quality and production optimization. This role involves monitoring the manufacturing process, troubleshooting issues, and ensuring the quality and safety standards are met.
- The shift supervisor / process technician will need to work in rotating shifts, including evenings and weekends, to ensure continuous production.
- Ensure that all team members adhere to safety protocols and guidelines to maintain a safe working environment.
- Identify potential safety hazards and take appropriate measures to mitigate risks.
- Conduct safety training sessions and promote a safety-conscious culture among the production team.
- Enforce and maintain strict quality control standards to ensure the production of high-quality plastic pipes.
- Conduct routine quality checks and inspections on finished products to identify defects or deviations from specifications.
- Collaborate with the quality control team to address and rectify quality-related issues.
- Supervise and lead a team of production workers during assigned shifts.
- Monitor production activities to ensure they are conducted efficiently and according to established procedures.
- Coordinate with other departments such as maintenance, quality control, and logistics to ensure smooth operations.
- Operate, adjust, and troubleshoot machinery and equipment used in the plastic pipe manufacturing process.
- Identify and resolve process issues to minimize downtime and maintain optimal production levels.
- Implement process improvements to enhance productivity, product quality, and operational efficiency.
- Conduct regular inspections to ensure equipment is properly maintained and calibrated.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Keep accurate records of production data, machine settings, and process parameters.
- Generate shift reports detailing production performance, issues encountered, and actions taken.
- Communicate any significant incidents, production delays, or maintenance needs to relevant stakeholders.
Training and Development:
- Train new employees on production procedures, safety protocols, and machine operation.
- Provide ongoing coaching and guidance to team members to enhance their skills and performance.
- Identify training needs and coordinate with management to arrange relevant training programs.
- Maintain effective communication with other shifts, supervisors, and management to ensure seamless operations across shifts.
- Collaborate with maintenance teams to schedule and prioritize equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Previous experience in plastic pipe manufacturing or related industries is highly preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent; relevant technical or vocational education is a plus.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and a proactive approach to ensuring a safe work environment.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and ability to troubleshoot machinery and process issues.
- Leadership and supervisory skills, with the ability to motivate and manage a team effectively.
- Excellent attention to detail and a commitment to producing high-quality products.
- Strong communication skills to convey instructions clearly and facilitate effective teamwork.
- Basic computer skills for data recording and report generation (excel).