Our Client operates in the Oil and Energy industry, with its headquarters rooted strongly in Saudi Arabia. It has its branches spread to more than 50 countries, providing employment to more than 68,500 people all over the world. They fall under the Fortune 500 Companies. They are one of the world’s largest oil producers. They are constantly growing by creating new technologies through its Research and Development efforts and branch into new business lines through Investments and Acquisitions.
- We are seeking a Stratigrapher & Data Integrator to join the Northern Area & Offshore Division of Gas Reservoir Characterization Department
- The Northern Area & offshore Division is responsible for providing detailed well data correlations, log-log correlation, mapping, and sequence stratigraphy, core descriptions, biostratigraphic, chemostratigraphic, and reservoir data, applying them in the construction of reservoir stratigraphic lateral correlations at field and regional scales; and finally, inputs to the reservoir geological models.
- The Stratigrapher & Data Integrator primary role is to integrate different data, pick formation and reservoir tops, as well as producing, correlating reservoir internal layers, and associated mapping.
You will be required to perform the following:
- manage subsurface unit stratigraphy, pick and maintain formation and reservoir tops, and reads different geological data (data integration) to provide support for geological and sedimentological studies and operational decisions Responsibilities will include:
- Integrate variable data types
- Describe of rock properties through petrophysical analysis.
- Collaborate with other team members within a multidisciplinary group, which will include participation in well planning activities for designated areas in collaboration with the field geology team, geoscientists, and modeling in accordance with work procedures.
- Develop new technologies and workflows to improve reservoir characterization, reduce development cost, and improve work practice.
- Prepare/review reports.
- As the successful candidate you will hold a Bachelor’s degree in Geology-Sedimentology, Petroleum Geology or higher from a recognized and approved program.
- You will have fifteen years of experience in the field of reservoir geology, stratigraphy, and reservoir characterization, and stratigraphy.
- Considerable prior practical skills and experience in reservoir geology operation, reading wireline logs, can define geological observations and pick correlative stratigraphic unites.
- Full understanding of the principles and application of biostratigraphy, chemo-stratigraphy and sequence stratigraphy to siliciclastic reservoirs is required.
- Sedimentology of siliciclastic rocks background is favourable
- Previous experience in data integration for geological modeling purposes and the ability to use industry software (e.g., Petrel, Decision Space) is desirable for this position.
- Ability and skills in working on different scales, field and regional scales is anticipated.
- Experience with regional and prospect size structural analysis, seismic analysis, and basin analysis will be advantageous.
- Effectively develop project work and manage progress, through work in team environment is crucial.
- Prior experience in mentoring of junior geoscience professionals highly advantageous.
- Familiarity with qualitative and quantitative micro scale analysis, including reservoir diagenesis modeling, and diagenetic influence on reservoir characteristics.
- Core scale sedimentology and correlation to wireline log specifically image log.
- Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
- our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none.
- And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
- We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world