Our client operates in the Financial sector, with its headquarters rooted strongly in the United States. It has its branches spread to more than 160 countries, providing employment to more than 200k people all over the world. They fall in the Top 15 largest Banks in the United States. Its core business is to provide various Banking and Financial services to its clients. It is known to have one of the biggest balance sheet banks in the world (among others) aiding it to offer 360-degree financial services to its clients.
Locations: Long Island City NY and Irving TX
- Assist in the structuring of credit opportunities to ensure that risk and reward are appropriately balanced in extending credit.
- Review and approve credit proposals, annual reviews and criticized credit reviews.
- Responsible for oversight and credit approvals (including product/credit standards as applicable) for one or more industry verticals covered by Global & National Industries and Mid Corporate business segments.
- Ensure that all credit extensions are in compliance with target market, collateral, documentation, legal and regulatory requirements as well as risk appetite framework.
- Responsible for Risk oversight and approvals for one or more credit products, including product/credit standards, as applicable.
- Promote a strong and balanced risk management culture and demonstrate rigorous credit analysis in the underwriting and portfolio management processes.
- Lead execution of key projects.
- Assess the implications to other Risk disciplines when approving transactions or statistical methodologies.
- Lead and coordinate cross functional teams to build credit processes and undertake necessary projects.
- Use available tools and portfolio management techniques to effectively identify and assess trends and risks in the portfolio.
- Assess overall risk infrastructure and linkages within Client's architecture.
- Anticipate client needs (internal and external) and proactively generate ideas to deliver innovative solutions and improve Client’s competitiveness. Ensure that escalated client issues are resolved with urgency.
- Build partnerships across functions/regions. Create and sustain a network of strong relationships.
- Monitor portfolio performance, monitor exceptions, and recommend, where appropriate, to refocus Business strategy and credit approval workflows to be more effective and efficient in turnaround and the quality of approvals.
- Conduct periodic portfolio, remedial, industry and credit product reviews.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree required MBA or equivalent advanced training preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in commercial lending risk management and/or related assignments with at least 3 years’ experience in the U.S.
- Product or industry expertise preferred.
- Superior risk assessment skills, including problem recognition, defining and structuring solutions to credit related issues.
- Strong technical skills
- Experience in remedial management situations.
- Demonstrate integrity, independence, leadership, judgment and ability to balance risk and reward.
- Conversant in risk principles, including market, operational, cross border and concentration risk.
- Experienced in a wide range of products (including capital markets, derivatives, and leverage finance), industries and type of financing (acquisition, corporate).
- Experience through multiple credit cycles.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity on credit and business issues in reaching decisions.
- Senior Credit Officer approval authority, or equivalent required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of legal documentation associated with credit risk.
- U.S. collateral perfection requirements.
- Expertise in or the ability to quickly develop the required skill-set in identified specialized segments.
- Computer literate: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and familiarity with internal bank systems and platforms. Attention to detail with focus on maintaining data integrity.
- Ability to work closely with Loan Operations, Service, Product Managers, Remedial Management, Legal, and Compliance to achieve the business’s objectives.
- Ability to balance risk and reward. Willingness to support business growth.
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master's degree preferred