Our Client operates in the Aviation and Aerospace Component Manufacturing Industry, with its headquarters rooted strongly in the United States. It has its branches spread to more than 90 countries, providing employment to more than 10,000 people all over the world. They fall in the Top 300 Companies as Canada’s Best Employers for 2021. Their core business is manufacturing Civil and Military Rotary-Wing Craft for their clients.
- Act as primary technical contact assisting with the research, analysis and planning of implementation and maintenance of complex systems, internal consultant on intricate analysis and system administration task, lead technically involved projects, work under extreme task loads with full understanding of client business organization, practices, and requirements.
- general objectives and will need to determine tasks, work with a high degree of independence, and act rapidly to prevent or correct errors.
- represents the engineering organization and serves as primary organization contact on technically and functionally difficult aeronautical engineering activities.
- work directly with technical and process experts to solve complex technical problems related to specific business needs.
- expected to act as a subject matter expert related to business processes in this space.
- Bachelor’s degree in a science, technical, engineering, or math discipline is required.
- At least 2 years of engineering, software development, configuration management, data management experience; demonstrated experience using a Product Life-cycle Management (PLM) system and PLM integration with CAD systems.
- 5 plus years with PLM is preferred.
- Must have an engineering background with sufficient technical acumen to work effectively with technical engineering design teams.
- Must have experience in CAD design and PLM application.
- Must be able to produce technical specifications and documentation in support of business processes.
- Must be proficient in configuration and change management methods as described in EIA-649 and as applicable to aviation civil authority and DoD needs.
- Functional skills include: model based engineering (MBE), model based systems engineering (MBSE), product life-cycle management (PLM), configuration and change management (CM); engineering data management (EDM); aviation civil certification; DoD procurement and certification; testing, qualification and verification; and requirements management.
Proficiency in any of the following applications is an advantage:
- 3DEXPERIENCE Platform, CATIA Versions 5 or 6; familiarity with sheet metal, composites, fasteners, tubing, electrical, kinematics is a plus.
- ENOVIA V6 (Versions 2013X, 2011X or Matrix One)
- SIEMENS Unigraphics NX5 and TeamCenter 2007 or higher
- Windchill PLM
- This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.