Our client is a leading European energy company, which for more than 100 years has electrified industries, supplied energy to people’s homes and modernised the way of living through innovation and cooperation. They now want to make fossil-free living possible within one generation. That's why they are driving the transition to a sustainable energy system through initiatives in renewable production and climate smart energy solutions for their customers. They employ approximately 20,000 people and have operations mainly in Sweden, Germany, the Netherlands, Denmark and the UK.
About the Role:
- We are seeking a qualified professional to join our team as a Senior Specialist/Technical Authority in the field of Offshore Mechanical Systems for Offshore Substations within the Engineering department of Business Area Wind.
- The Engineering department is instrumental in setting industry standards and guidelines while actively contributing to project excellence throughout its lifecycle.
- Working as a part of the Technical Engineering team in the Energy Infrastructure department, the Senior Specialist will serve as the central point of expertise for Mechanical Systems on Offshore Substations (OSS), providing technical leadership across both development and operational phases.
As the Technical Authority, you will oversee the delivery of auxiliary mechanical system packages for wind farms across their entire lifecycle, including:
- Supporting and managing the detailed engineering of various Rotating and Static Mechanical Systems, HVA/C, helicopter flight decks, material handling, anti-fouling systems, drainage, diesel generator systems, sewage and freshwater systems, piping, and layout.
- Collaborating with dedicated engineering specialists to establish processes, guidelines, and resources to enhance operational efficiency within the Engineering department.
- Leading technical investigations into asset performance optimization and equipment failures across the operational fleet while acting as a proactive Engineering liaison for all operational assets.
- Collaborating with internal R&D, Joint Industry Projects, and Academic institutions to drive innovation, assess new technologies' viability within the portfolio, and manage IP/Patent considerations within the defined scope.
- Ensuring that safety, environmental, and sustainability considerations are integral to the design and delivery of all products and systems within the scope.
- Serving as the approving authority for technical documentation related to design, construction, commissioning, and maintenance procedures across HVDC & HVAC offshore substations.
- Assisting Engineering Management in identifying competency and capacity gaps within the department and proposing resourcing solutions, both internally and externally, to enhance technical capabilities.
- Representing the organization as a technical ambassador at industry events and consultations related to the defined scope area.
- Supporting Package and Product Engineering by providing technical leadership at all project lifecycle stages, controlling technical variations within the Product/Project portfolio, and incorporating lessons learned into standardization strategies and processes.
- Acting as a mentor for colleagues within the scope area, demonstrating technical leadership and extending influence beyond regular job responsibilities.
Background and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in mechanical or marine engineering.
- Relevant work experience in mechanical systems related to Offshore Substation Projects.
- Strong understanding of technical and standard requirements, including norms and offshore rules for auxiliary systems such as DNV-ST-0145, EN, MARPOL, LOLER, CDM regs, etc.
- Proficiency in HSE principles applicable to the offshore industry with a commitment to continuously improving standards.
- Sound knowledge of safe and high-availability operations of offshore auxiliary systems.
- Business-level proficiency in written and spoken English.
- The role offers the flexibility to choose your work location from offices in Hamburg, London, Amsterdam, or Kolding.
- We provide competitive compensation, a stimulating and international work environment, and the opportunity to collaborate with industry experts.
- You will work in cross-functional teams with the support of dedicated colleagues.
- We offer attractive employment conditions and ample opportunities for personal and professional growth.