Short Description of Role:
- The certifiers appointed by the Board of Management conduct an in-depth expert assessment and certification of successfully tested products and quality management systems (QM systems) for compliance with the general guidelines specified by the central department Accreditation & Certification.
- In this position, the certifiers are bound only by the technical instructions of the management of the TRLP certification body. TRLP shall ensure that certifiers do not perform any tasks that would go against the requirements stipulated in legal and normative regulations or in accreditation decisions.
- In their position as certifiers, these employees are released from the managerial authority of their administrative supervisor.
- Certifiers must notify the administrative supervisor and the management of the certification body about any conflicts of interest with respect to their certification activities.
- In terms of contents, the Description of Roles and Duties in this function description does not contradict with the description of roles and duties MS-24001 (1.4-080) in Certifier IPMS.
- This description of roles and duties (MS-0023955) applies if the certifier in question is not yet included in the IPMS.
- Integration of the Position in the Company Organization Structure
- Reporting Duties, Supervisory Duties, Deputisation Rules
- The certifier is under direct administrative supervision of the supervisor in his business field or organizational unit.
- He is under technical supervision of the management of the central department Accreditation & Certification.
- On an individual basis, the certifiers themselves appoint their substitutions based on the authorizations on file.
- If no substitution is appointed, the immediate supervisor in the organizational structure temporarily transfers the responsibilities and duties of the certifier in question to other qualified certifiers.
- Execution of certification processes in their assigned field of activity in accordance with the technical requirements specified by the management of the certification body, which are laid down in the corresponding instructions and in the TRLP quality manual.
- Certification, if necessary with the involvement of technical certifiers or experts in the capacity of an evaluation committee.
- Review and approval of the applicable test specifications and of any additionally applicable legal rules and regulations.
- Overall evaluation of the product based on the submitted documentation.
- Review and evaluation of the quality of the documents relevant for certification.
- Review, evaluation and certification of the certificate draft in CORE.
- Assessment of corrective action following first and follow-up inspections.
- Documentation of the certification in the certifier check list.
- Verification whether requirements with regard to annual license fees are met.
- Additional tasks, such as data base administration, coordination of activities abroad, development activities etc. in the area of certification.
- Setting the status in the respective IT tools.
- Identification of inaccurate processes in the project monitoring tool.
- Entering of certificates and certifier check lists in the electronic file.
- Recording of services performed.
- Providing support to the management of the certification body with their tasks, such as conducting internal audits in TÜVR companies acting for TRLP or approval of advertising materials and websites, in case these contain information about certification activities of TRLP.
- Meeting the specified deadline for performance evaluations or jointly setting a date with the "supervising certifier" (see MS-0022242).
Communication and Information:
- Participation in experience exchange circles and maintenance/entry of records in the provided data bases.
- Preparation and maintenance of contact data for the designating authorities and the accrediting authorities of TRLP.
- Keeping the central department Accreditation & Certification and coworkers in the business fields and in affiliated companies up-to-date about important findings and events.
- Notification of the administrative supervisor and the management of the certification body about any systematic errors.
- Identification of areas of improvement in the processes and discussion of those areas with the business field managers / administrative supervisors and the certification body.
Data Protection and Data Security:
- The certifier is responsible for data protection and data security in his area of responsibility.
- Training and Professional Development
- Planning and determining the required training and professional development measures and the review of their efficiency is the responsibility of the respective administrative supervisor.
- He is also responsible for an adequate further technical training with regard to the product groups within the scope of the certifier.
- With periodic certifier conferences and experience exchanges, the central department Accreditation & Certification ensures that the certifiers are equipped with an adequate knowledge of the processes.
- All necessary information can be found in Blueye.
- Additional training measures are determined during the performance review for each certifier.
- Regulations on obtaining and maintaining the qualifications of certifiers as well as statements on the activities and the qualifications of technical certifiers are specified in the TRLP work instruction "Qualification and appointment of certifiers and technical certifiers to ensure technical expertise for certification and technical certification" (MS-0022421).
- Specific Qualification Requirements for Certifiers
- Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent degree in engineering, medical engineering, natural sciences, or an equivalent qualification
- 3 years minimum job experience in research/development and/or in testing
- Good communication skills/friendly manner
- Ability to work in a team/leadership qualities
- Impartiality, analytical thinking
- CVs with detailed description of education, training and experiences are stored in IAMS
- The certifier is appointed by the Board of Management of TRLP based on the specified qualifications.