Our Client operates in the Manufacturing Industry, with its headquarters rooted strongly in India. It provides employment to more than 5,000 people in the country. Their core business is to provide innovative solutions for the infrastructure industry. Their main focus is to help create positive and sustainable change in the world.
- To work within the Commercial team to provide technical expertise (internally and externally) to support activity with customers (both before and after a sale is made).
- To provide subject matter expertise (SME) to customers/their expert teams on products (and their applications), technical standards / codes, system designs / integration into construction project design, environmental matters, technical queries.
- Supporting the growth of Project Sales in US by providing first class technical support and subject matter expertise whilst the business grows rapidly and demand for expertise could be stretched.
- Managing the requirements for input from different stakeholders from the Sales team and other internal teams (NPD, Business units, Product Managers) and customers / their expert teams, as well as industry groups or associations.
- Liaison with external statutory / regulatory bodies.
- Managing complex technical queries as the internal expert from a wide range of sources.
- Provide technical input to the sales team and customers on product /system solutions and project designs both remotely and on-site.
- Assist in getting specified on Project Sales with customers through the provision of efficient, value adding and innovative designs, and technical input.
- Advise customers and their expert teams on product quality, performance and applications emphasising the features and benefits of the product range including in the areas of environmental performance and compliance with regulations / codes.
- Ensure adherence to Health & Safety regulations in all designs.
- Provide proactive training and guidance to customers and their expert teams on products and systems.
- Ensure that all queries are handled and resolved in a timely manner.
- Handle complex technical enquiries via phone/team as well as face to face.
- Maintain up-to-date personal knowledge of company products and procedures alongside relevant external code and standards.
- Provide an expert point of contact for BIM/REVIT queries within the team.
- Take a pro-active role in the relevant Codes and Standards communities in the US.
- Use of CRM system
Education And Professional Qualifications:
- Batchelors degree in engineering (prefreably mechanical)
- OSHA Consruction 10 qualificationProfessional body membership (ASME or ImechE)
- BIM/REVIT accreditation
- Good understanding of Health & Safety requirements
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings and specifications
- Able to produce and understand a working set of designs using products
- Knowledge of relevant Codes and Standards
- Good standard of written and verbal communication at all levels
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide audience including customers and engineers
- Good levels of PC literacy in the main Microsoft packages and BIM/REVIT
- Effective planning and problem-solving skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- Sound business acumen and commercial awareness
- Experience of relevant water management installations